Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Water, Irrigation & Energy Resources Development Bureau
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
One WaSH National Program Consolidated WaSH Account Phase Two /OWNP-CWA Phase Two/
Contract Title – Drilling and Construction of 23- Shallow Wells in Kemash Woreda of Kemashi Zone The Region
Contract ID.No: ET-BGRS WIERDB-154065-CW-RFB
- The Benishangul-Gumuz Region Water, Irrigation and Energy Resources Development Bureau has received a budget from the One WaSH National Program Consolidated WaSH Account Phase Two (OWNP-CWA Phase Two Fund) towards the cost of the Water Supply and sanitation Project for Drilling, Construction and Supply and Installation of Hand Pumps. It intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the Contract for shallow wells Drilling and Construction in Kemashi Woreda.
- The Benishangul – Gumuz Region Water, Irrigation and Energy Resources Development Bureau now invites sealed bids from qualified eligible bidders for the construction of the following numbers of items as indicated.
Average Depth of SWs
Total Numbers of SWs
N. of SWs of water Bureau
N. of SWs Health Bureau
N. of SWs of Education from Bureau
Distance in KM from Assosa town to the woreda capital
Drilling and construction of 23- Shallow Wells
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of works under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 edition, and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 settings for the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- The bidder should have a suitable type of rig i.e. for drilling of soft and hard formation.
- Bidders can participate in a maximum of two contracts and award two contracts with two drilling rig machines, equipment, and manpower crews i.e. separate Equipment and manpower for each lot.
- Bidders with a contract awarded at the Bureau of the similar work assignment before this bid will not be awarded or rejected.
- Bids shall be valid for a period of ninety (90) days and Bid security period is ninety (90) days + 4 weeks after Bid opening. Bids must be accompanied by bid security of not less than Ethiopian Birr 90,000.00 /ETB Ninety Thousand of each contract specified in No.2 above. The bid shall be delivered to The Ministry of Water, Irrigation, and Energy Meeting Hall on June 13/2020. Bids shall be opened at July 13/2020 in the presence of the bidders who wish to attend. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
- Qualification requirements for each contract include (i) ownership (or existing lease) of a suitable, new or good status drilling rig machine, (ii) Drilling and construction of at least 23 Shallow Wells construction contracts of similar size in the last three years, (iii) Minimum average annual construction turnover of ETB 6,210,000.00 calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed within the last three years, iv) liquidated asset of at least 200,000, (v) experienced drilling team and (vi) Good performance or absence of last warning in similar works in our Bureau. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
- During the Evaluation of qualified bidders before and after award Inspection of for the presence of all required personnel, machinery, and other construction material as per specified and submitted document for checking readiness and best performance of intended work.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased directly from the Water, Irrigation and Energy Resources Development Bureau by presenting 2011/2012 EC renewed relevant license and permit from the concerned Ministries (MoWIE, MOFEC, ERCA, etc) and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee Birr 300.00 (Three Hundred ETB) on submission of a written application to the address indicated below:
- 11. Benishangul-Gumuz Regional State Water, Irrigation and Energy Resources Development Bureau reserves the right to reject all or part of the bid.
Benishangul-Gumuz Regional State Water, Irrigation and
Energy Resources Development Bureau
Telephone No. 251 57-775-22-94/05-07/09-81
Assosa, Ethiopia 0913328322