INVITATION TO BID
To: ALL CONTRACTORS OF CATEGORY CLASS BC-1/GC-1 WITH VALID LICENSE FOR THE CURRENT YEAR.
- The Bahir Dar University has funds within the Employer’s budget to be used for the procurement of G+4 Library Building Construction works and Site Works at Bahir Dar.
- Bahir Dar University invites sealed bids from eligible bidders BC-1 or GC-1.
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open national tendering procedures contained in the public procurement proclamation of the Federal Government of Ethiopia and is open to all eligible bidders.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Bahir Dar University Purchasing and Procurement Directorate and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below at 7(a) from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased for 30 (Thirty) calendar days starting from the date of Notice Published at Herald News Paper by interested eligible bidders on submission of a WRITTEN APPLICATION, VAT REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE, MINISTRY OF CONSTRUCTION REGISTRATION CERTFICATE, and TRADE LICENCE & BID PARITCIPATION SUPPORTING LETTER at the address below at 7(b). And upon payment of nonrefundable fee of birr 5000.00
- Bids must be delivered to the address below 7(c) on or before 10:00 a.m. The bids must be accompanied by unconditional bank bid security of Birr 500,000.00 (five hundred thousand) payable on first demand address to the employer and separately sealed within the technical document. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders/representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 7(d)
- a) Documents can be inspected at: Bahir Dar University Purchasing and Procurement Directorate at Wisdom Tower 2nd Floor Office No 209 (Telephone 0583206015/0583 202052).
- b) Documents can be purchased at: Bahir Dar University Purchasing and Procurement Directorate at Wisdom Tower 2nd Floor Office No 209 (Telephone 0583206 015/058 320 2052).
- c) Bids must be delivered to: Bahir Dar University Purchasing and Procurement Directorate at Wisdom Tower 2nd Floor Office Nº 209.
- d) Address of Bid opening Bahir Dar University Purchasing and Procurement Directorate at Wisdom Tower 2nd Floor Office No 209, Tender Hall, at Thirty-First (31) days from the first date of this announcement on Merald News Paper at 10:00 a.m. (4:00 Local time)
- e) The bidder shall seal the original, Bid security and all copies of the bid in five inner Envelops
i.e. (Technical proposal, Financial offer and Bid security) and one outer Envelope, duly marking the inner envelopes as “ORIGINAL “and “COPIES” both for the “The Technical proposal” and “Financial offer”. Copy of documents should be photo copy of the original bid document, Signed & sealed Standard Bidding Document (SBD) must be returned with Technical proposal. Failure to do so will result automatic rejection from the tender,
- f) The employer has the right to reject any or all bids.
- g) Partial rebate, like fixed sum and rebate on some items is not acceptable,