Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority (AAWSA)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
- Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Name of the Project: Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project
- Loan No.: IDA-60070
- Assignment Title: Consultancy Service for Feasibility Study, Detail Design of South Akaki Sewerage Sub Catchment in Addis Ababa
- Reference No: ET-AAWSA-155794-CS-QCBS
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
Duration of the Assignment: The consulting service intended duration is for 18 months (10 Months for Phase I and 8 Months for Phase II)
Objective of the Assignment: The specific objectives of the Assignment are:
- To carry out Feasibility Study and Tender Document Preparation for the Design-Build-Operate (DBO) of the Wastewater Treatment Plant
- To carry out Feasibility Study, Detail Design, and Tender Document preparation for the construction of the Sewerage System
- Scope of Services and Estimated Person/Month input:
- The scope of services and estimated Person/Month input is as follows
- Phase-1: Feasibility Study of the Catchment Sewer System and Wastewater Treatment Plant (lumpsum)- 57 Person/Month Input
- Phase-2: Detail Design of Design-Bid-Build of the Sewer System and Tender Document Preparation for the Design-Build-Operate of the WWTP and for the Design – Bid- Build of the Sewer System- 44 Person/Month Input
The Addis Ababa Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (AAWSA)Water and Sanitation Infrastructures Development Division Office now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are:-Core business and years in business, qualification, and experience in the field of assignment, organizational and managerial capabilities of the firm, and general qualification and number of key staff but not individual experts’ bio data,
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest for consulting services.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method as is set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours Monday Friday 09:00 A.M-11:30AM in the Morning and 01:30 PM-05:00PM in the afternoon.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person or by mail, or by fax, or by email on or before 3 July /2019, time 3:00 PM
AAWSA, Water and Sanitation Infrastructures Development Division
Attention: Mrs. Mestawot Abebe
Head of Procurement Department
Address: Lideta Kifle Ketema Wereda 04 around
Lideta Condominium , on the Left
Side of Lideta Menafesha
Floor/ Room number: 1st floor
Telephone: +251 118291312
Facsimile number: +251 116623924
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and