Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority, Water and Sanitation Development
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES- FIRMS SELECTION)
Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia;
Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority, Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division;
Name of the Project: Construction of Decentralized WWTPs and Sewer Line Network for 20 Condominium Housing Sites.
Assignment Title: Consultancy Service for detail Design, Tender Document Preparation and Contract Administration and Construction Supervision for Decentralized WWTPs and Sewer Line Network for 20 Condominium Housing Sites
Procurement Reference No.: AAWSA/WSIDD/GOV/NCB/CS006/2020
1. The Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division Office has intended to allocate finance for construction of decentralized wastewater treatment plant and sewer line network to be implemented at Condominium Housing sites( 20 condominium building sites), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services (detail design, Contract Administration and Construction Supervision).
2. The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
This is a mixture of lump sum and time-based contract for consultancy services pertaining to:
Phase-1: Detail Design, Tender Document Preparation, Tendering and Tender Assistance for Waste Water Treatment Plant and Design of Sewer Line projects. The consultancy service of the sewer line and WWTPs is expected to take 6 months.
Tendering and Tender Assistance would be an intermittent input the actual dates of which would be determined right after completion of the Detail Design and Tender Document Preparation.
Phase 2: Construction Supervision and Contract Administration of the sewer line and WWTPs construction project. The supervision and
Contract Administration is expected to take 10 months. This period includes testing and commissioning of the WWTPs.
The consultant should propose the detail implementation schedule for those sites design of sewer line is required and Packaging the sewer system that helps to bring minimum required sewage to startup the waste water treatment plant by having minimum sewerage for startup and commissioning works or services. To realize this or even shorten it is to prioritize and package the sewer system construction in such a way that only systems that could be connected to active tertiary lines are considered in priority packages. Secondary sewers necessary to generate the sewerage load are to be packaged along with the primary/trunk line design and construction.
3. The consulting firm to be hired must be highly competent /reputable and must have experienced key professionals and appropriate support staff with ample work experience.
4. The AAWSA-Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the services. Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the consulting services for both phases (brochures, core business, years of experience in the business, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, technical and managerial organizational structure of the firm, availability of appropriate skills, general qualification etc…).
5. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants propose to establish.
6. The consulting firm will be selected under Quality and Cost Based selection /QCBS/ method in accordance with Public Procurement Agency (PPA’s) procedures for selection and employment of consultants.
7. Bidders/Consulting Firms who had poor performance and bad conduct in the previous relation with the AAWSA, WSIDD cannot participate in this bid.
8. Interested consulting firm can obtain further information and collection of full set of TOR document (soft Copy) from the Procurement Department at the address below during working hours.
9. Expression of Interest must be delivered in two hard copies to the address below (in person, mail) on or before October 8, 2020.
10. The A.A.W.S.A Water and Sanitation Infra-structure Development
Division reserves the right to reject any or all of the bids.
Address: AAWSA – Water and Sanitation Infrastructure
Development Division, Lideta sub-city Woreda 08 around
condominium houses on the left side of Lideta Menafesha.
Tel. +251 -118291312
Attn: Mrs. Mestawot Abebe, Procurement Support Process Head
E-mail address: email@example.com