Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority (AAWSA)
Invitation for Initial Selection works and Operation Service
(Design, Build and Operate)
Employer: Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority (AAWSA)
Project: Ethiopia Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project (UWSSP.II)
Contract title: Design, Build and Operate of Eastern Catchment Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTPs)
Credit No.: 60070/60080
ISD No: ET-AAWSA-180438-CW-RFP
Issued on: 28 December, 2020
- The Government of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project (UWSSP- II), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Design. Build and Operate of Eastern Catchment Wastewater Treatment Plants,
- The Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority (AAWSA) intends to initially select Applicants for Design,Build and Operate of Eastern Catchment Wastewater Treatment Plants (ET-AAWSA-180438CW-RFP). This contract will require the design, construction, and operation (15 years) of two wastewater treatment plants serving the city of Addis Ababa. The wastewater treatment plants will utilize a conventional activated sludge process and will both have design OM capacities of 54,000 m /day. The wastewater treatment plants will be located in two different sites, one adjacent to the current waste stabilization ponds in Kotebe (coordinates: 483706, 991523 Adindan / UTM 37N) and one on a greenfield site in Kitimc (coordinates:481824.989695 Adindan/UTM 37N).
Key Qualification Requirements are:
- Financial Capabilities: sufficient financial capabilities to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as USD $ 7 million (USD Seven million) for the subject contract net of the Applicants other commitments,
- Average Annual Turnover. Minimum average annual construction turnover of USD $ 40 million (USD Forty million) over the last five years.
- DBO Experience: Experience of at least two (2) similar DBO contracts for wastewater treatment plants as prime contractor, member of a joint venture, or management contractor, which are either operational at the date of application, or in which the operations period commenced after 1st January 2010. The selected DBO contracts shall relate to treatment plants with a minimum capacity of 50,000 m3/d
- Design Experience: A minimum number of two (2)contracts for the design of Wastewater treatment plants undertaken as design engineer between 1st January, 2010and Application submission deadline. The selected design contracts shall relate to treatment plants that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed, and each have a minimum flow of 20,000 m 3/day.
- Construction Experience: A minimum number of two (2) construction contracts for water or wastewater treatment plants that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or subcontractor between 1st January, 2010 and Application submission deadline.
- The value of the member’s participation in each selected construction contract shall be a minimum of USD $45,000,000 (USD forty-five million).
- Operation Experience: A minimum number of two (2)of similar operations contracts for wastewater treatment plants as prime contractor, member of a joint venture, or management contractor, which are either operational at the date of application, or in which the operations period ended after 1st January, 2010. The selected operations contracts shall relate to treatment plants with a minimum capacity of 30,000 m3/d, have a contract period of three years or more and shall have been operating satisfactorily since commencement .
- It is expected that the request for proposals will be made in April 2021.
3. initial Selection will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the world Bank’s procurement Regulations for PP Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Applicants as defined in the Procurement Regulations,
4. Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from AAWSA. Water and Sanitation Infrastructures Development Division at the address below during office hours (9:00 AM to 4:00 PM local time). A complete set of Initial Selection documents in English Language may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of ETB 500.00 (Five Hundred Ethiopian Birr). The method of payment will be direct deposit at Commercial Bank of Ethiopia, Geja Sefer Branch, Account No: 1000338000719. or direct cash payment to counter cashier at the Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Division office,
5. Applications for Initial Selection should be submitted in clearly marked envelopes and delivered to the address below by 2:00 PM (local time) on 11 February, 2021and will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below at 2:30 PM on the same date, Late applications will be rejected,
Office: AAWSA, Water and Sanitation Infrastructures Development Division
Officer: Mrs. Mestawot Abebe. Head of Procurement Department
Address: 1st floor Lideta Kille Ketema Wereda 04.
around Lidela Condominium. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Facsimile number: 251 116623924
Electronic mail address: kiyake21@gmail. and firstname.lastname@example.org