Addis Ababa City Administration Driver and Vehicle Licensing and Control Authority
Invitation to Bid
National Competitive Bidding
Procurement Reference No: DVLCA 2/2012/NCB/2020
Sector: Transport Sector
- The Addis Ababa City Government Driver and Vehicle licensing and Control Authority (DVLCA) has funds within the Employer’s budget to be used for the procurement of For Supply and Installation of Information Systems of “Integrated Vehicle Services Management system”.
- Addis Ababa City Government Driver and Vehicle licensing and Control Authority (DVLCA) Supply and Installation of Information Systems of Integrated Vehicle Services Management system. This procurement consists of upgrading the exiting older LAN-based desktop application to a centralized web-based and mobile-based system in order to improve the existing service delivery process. Moreover, the Authority would like to introduce newer services that are not currently accommodated by the existing system such as “Online Self Service”, Integration with banks and Annual Vehicle Inspection institutions. Accordingly, DVLCA would like to hire a competent and well-experienced firm that can deliver a web-based/mobile-based solution that can be used by its customers through the Internet as well as on-premises as it is specified on the bidding document. The whole work shall be completed within 9 Months (180 calendar days) from the commencement of the project. Bidders should have a successful experience in Software development, Database Development and related fields. Interested eligible bidders are invited to submit Wax-sealed bids for providing the necessary experts, material and any other necessary requirements for the execution and completion of the consultancy.
- DVLCA invites eligible bidders, which fulfill the following requirements, to submit Bid Documents for the aforementioned project. The bidders shall have a certificate of registration from the concerned body, renewed for at least 2012 E.C. or 2020 G.C and other appropriate documentary evidence demonstrating the bidder’s compliance which shall include: –
- i) Its trading license renewed for at least 2012 E.C or 2020 G.C
- ii) Its tax clearance certificate valid at least at bid submission date that permits the bidder to participate in any public tender, and VAT registration certificate; and
- The bid is open to firms and voluntarily formed joint ventures from eligible source countries, in accordance with the Rules for Procurement. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) the procedure, specified in the bidding documents and is open to all eligible bidders.
- Interested eligible firms may obtain further information, if required, but exclusively in a written form at the Driver and Vehicles Licensing and Control Authority (DVLCA) at the address given below, from 1:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM from Monday to Friday except public holydays, not later than ten (10) calendar days before the submission date.
- A complete set of the Bidding Document in English language may be purchased by interested applicants through the submission of a written application to the address, Equatorial Guinea street, Eyerus Building 3rd floor Room 301, and upon payment of a a nonrefundable fee of ETB 300.00 (Three Hundred)Ethiopian Birr. The method of payment will be in cash, bank certified check or telegraphic transfer to the DVLCA’s Bank Account in the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia-Sarbet Branch through Account No. 1000152216053. The document will be sent by registered airmail, but under no circumstances the Driver and Vehicles licensing and Control Authority will be held responsible for the late delivery or loss of the documents so mailed.
- Bids shall be valid for a period of 120 days plus 28 days beyond the end of the validity period of the bid proposal after bid opening, and must be accompanied by a bid security of ETB 100,000.00 (One hundred Thousand Birr). The Bid Security must be in the form of CPO/Unconditional Bank Guarantee from recognized bank of Ethiopia.
- Interested eligible firms may obtain further information, if required, but exclusively in a written form at the address given below, from Morning 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM and Afternoon 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
- This bid will stay opened for 15 consecutive calendar days starting from the day it appears on the newspaper and the final submission date will be on the 15th day of this announcement Time: Morning time 1:00 PM (4:00 Local time) or the earlier. No electronic submissions are accepted. Rejection will be carried to lately submitted bids. The bid document should be submitted to the following address and be clearly marked “Supply and Installation of Information Systems of Integrated Vehicle Services Management system”.
- Technical Bid Documents will be opened at the same place and at 10:30AM(GMT +3)in the presence of bidders or bidder’s representative who chose to attend. Bidders are instructed to fill, sign and seal all the forms of the bid documents. Failure to fulfill this instruction may result in automatic rejection.
- Addis Ababa City Driver and Vehicle licensing and Control Authority reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive informalities, to advertise for new bids or to proceed and do the work otherwise as may be for its best interest.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY ADMINISTRATION DIRECTORATE DRIVER AND VEHICLE LICENSING AND CONTROL AUTHORITY (DVLCA)
Email: or Tel.: +251-11 667 2336
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia