Addis Ababa Water & Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division, የአዲስ አበባ ውሃና ፍሳሽ መሠረተ ልማት ክፍል
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Second Ethiopia Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project (SUWSSP).
Credit No.: IDA-60070
Assignment Title: Procurement References and Number of Positions
ET-AAW- SA-116150 CS-QCBS & ET-AAW-AAWSA’s SA-16149- CS-OCBS
IT specialist (Individual Consultant) Individual Consultancy to enhance capacity and maintenance of billing system
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia obtained financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project (SUWSSP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services.
The objective of the consultancy service contracts two individual consultants to assess the existing systems in light of its current and future system recommendation for improvement of existing /addition of new systems, development of proposed systems, provision of on the job support and capacity building.
The Consultant supports and maintains all enterprise software management related activities necessary to keep database, application, enterprise software management related activities, server hardware and operating system necessary to support operational and keep at top performance,
The scope of the service includes:
- Assessment of the existing MIS systems in AAWSA and propose a solution for improvement
- Preparation of technical specifications for proposed IT equipment
- Development of the proposed systems testing and commissioning
- Operating, maintenance and administrative support to AAWSA including Database Administration, Systems Operating, Billing Application, Web service
- Capacity building, training and knowledge transfer The consultant shall serve for full time for a minimum of 6 months The consultant should meet the following qualification and experiences requirements.
- Minimum of BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, information systems, Software engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, and other similar fields,
- At least 5 years of General experience Operating system and a minimum of 3 years of specific experiences in LINUX operating system, C#, and Agresso ERP.
- Certified LINUX operating system. Excellent communication and presentation skills and both oral and written, and ability to write well in English.
- Ability to work in culturally diverse groups of people.
The AAWSA, Addis Ababa Water & Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division now invites eligible individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are Qualification and Experience experiences in the field of assignment and their capability on the basis of academic background, general and relevant experience, and knowledge of local condition.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section V para 5.1 to 5.6 of The World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Knowledge of the country’s working language is an advantage.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 am to 12 noon in the morning and from 2:00 to 5:00 pm local time in the afternoon.
Expressions of interest (including recent and compressive CV with a letter of application and other relevant supporting documents) must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by May 26, 2020, on or before 4:00 pm
The address referred to above is:
Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority (AAWSA), Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Development Division
Attn: Mrs. Mestawot Abebe, Procurement
Support Process Head Street Address: Lideta Kifle Ketema Wereda 04 around Lideta
Condominium on the left side of Lideta Menafesha.
P.O.Box: 1436/1110, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
City: Addis Ababa
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org