Target Business consultants Plc
Consultancy Service Opportunity
The government of Ethiopia has been taking critical measures on multiple fronts to minimize the devastating effect of the Covid-19 pandemic. The responses included – a national state of emergency declaration to prevent and control the spread of the disease, mandatory two-week isolation for arrivals from abroad, mandatory mask-wearing, the closing of schools and universities, minimized number of staff at government offices, closing borders in some regional states and restrictions on travels, banning social gatherings and other activities related to awareness creation and behavioral changes.
The Ministry of Innovation and Technology has partnered with the Master Card Foundation (MCF) to launched a COVID-19 response data-driven health informatics portal & rapid response center initiative. This platform will serve as a single unified portal to integrate and publish information on government interventions on the disease at the national and regional level, and facilitate information flow to citizens on all government responses.
This initiative is expected to improve public awareness of prevention measures. Making awareness creation contents and others related to COVID-19 available to citizens in local languages would make the intervention inclusive and accelerates the information dissemination to communities who prefer to listen/ read contents in their mother language to quickly understand the message.
Generally, the COVID-19 response data-driven health informatics portal & rapid response center project is designed to make valuable information reachable by the public in multiple channels using voice, short message texts, and web pages in multiple local languages.
2.Overview of the translation service assignment
As COVID-19 continues to spread in Ethiopia, the importance of timely information exchange between various government entities, government and the private sector, and between government and citizens is becoming ever more apparent. With the establishment of the National Technology Support Technical Team, the Ministry of Innovation & Technology has been designated to provide the technology platform and backend systems to support citizens and government with the COVID-19 response. There are two main elements to this support: an outwards-facing citizens’ portal with information and guidance, interconnected to a government analytics service that will provide insight for decision making, and supported by a rapid call center system.
The citizens portal will serve as a single unified system to integrate and publish information on government interventions on CoVID19 at the national and regional level, and facilitate information flow to citizens on all government COVID-19 response efforts and the rapid response call center will comprise an inbound and outbound call center with toll-free lines to support the information portal and respond to citizen questions and concerns in a timely manner.
The main objective of this assignment is to
3.1. General Objective
- Leveraging data and integrated portal for COVID-19 response and citizen engagement by developing a National COVID-19 Web Portal – a single unified portal to integrate and publish information on government interventions on COVID19 at the national and regional level, and facilitate information flow to citizens on all government COVID-19 response efforts
- Integrating a rapid response center – with an inbound and outbound call center with toll-free lines to support the information portal and respond to citizen questions and concerns
3.2. Specific Objectives
- To support the National COVID-19 Web Portal and rapid response call center development through technical documentation preparation, design recommendations, requirements consolidation, communication with technical teams, training, and roadmap development
4.Scope of work
Development and integration of a live updating dashboard and reporting system through a web and mobile app
- Develops the system requirements specification (SRS) document, guides the portal development process, and supports the launch and maintenance of an integrated citizen engagement portal
- Analyzing user experiences and suggesting redesigns and new feature incorporation, and
- Eliciting the requirements of the web portal from the end users and overall stakeholders’ perspective conducts system testing based on the SRS and end users requirement
Detail scope of work is available on the Terms of Reference.
- The bidder must submit a copy of a renewed Trade License, VAT Registration Certificate (if applicable), and TIN certificate
- The consulting firmmust have sufficient experience in web development, UI/UX development, end users training, communication material preparation.
6.Terms of Reference
•Interested firms can request Terms of Reference via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested bidders should submit their technical and financial proposals on or before February 5, 2021, at 2:30 PM, to the following address: –
Target Business Consultants Plc
N/Lafot Sub City, Lebu mebrat Shoa supermarket 3rd floor
Tel +251 919304501, +251 116 636645
Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Target Business Consultants PLC reserves the right to reject any or all offers.