SNV Netherlands Development organization
ADVERTISEMENT INVITATION FOR THE POTENTIAL SECURITY SERVICE COMPANIES
SNV Netherlands Development Organization is working in over 38 developing countries across the world. SNV has been working in Ethiopia since the 1970s and currently operates in eight regional states in three sectors – Agriculture, WASH (water, sanitation & hygiene) and Energy.
SNV-Ethiopia would like to engage a suitably qualified contractor to provide the services stipulated in this Terms of Reference. The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to select the Contractor that will provide Security Guard Services at the various facilities of SNV located in Addis Ababa and Regionals offices of SNV- Ethiopia.
SNV Ethiopia has a responsibility of ensuring and raising its target in a safe and peaceful environment and implement its strategic objectives effectively. The main goal of outsourcing the security service is to receive quality security service from potential security service companies with a primary focus on the areas listed below.
- Ensuring that the organization’s assets, properties and other physical resources are secured
- Maintaining a safe and peaceful working and living environment for co-workers
- Renewed License for trade
- Minimum of four years’ experience in delivering security service to various government and non-governmental reputable organizations institutions. Service to international nongovernmental /development organization is a plus.
- Permanent address /office
- The company must have efficient and effective logistic and communication supports and facilities
- Security Personnel’ shall be properly trained and licensed, in accordance with local law, to perform security services.
- Security Personnel’ shall be uniformed and wear appropriate identification badges as approved.
- All ‘Security Personnel’ must be the employees of the security company (not temporary contracted personnel).
- The ‘Security Guard Company’ must obtain necessary police verification of all the security. personnel well in advance of assignment to perform services under this contract.
- All security personnel should be in appropriate physical and mental state so as to be able to deliver the best possible services of the contract.
- The security service provider will have to maintain a pool of additional guards to cover for the absence of regular guards due to leave, sickness or other reasons.
- Potential ‘Security Guard Company’ must have a systematic reporting procedure on current risk/ threat analysis including any other factors/ situation having effect on safety and security of the personnel and office.
How to Apply
- Deadline: bids must be delivered to the address below on or before February 12, 2021 up to 5:00 PM.
- a) Late bids will not be received.
- b) Interested bidder shall collect the full bid document from SNV Ethiopia Head office till February 11, 2021 from the below SNV Ethiopia Address
- c) Both technical and financial offers should be in separate envelopes and dully signed and stamped.
- d) Technical specification should be complete.
- e) All bid prices should be valid for 45 days.
- f) Bidders are required to furnish the following copies of relevant documents:
- VAT registration certificates
- Valid trading license
Address: Logistics Department; SNV
Netherlands Development Organization head
office; Bole sub city, Worda 2, House number
B92/6 Africa Avenue, Opp. Millennium Hall;
Next to Skylight Hotel ;
P. O. Box: 40675,
Tel + 251 (0) 11 616 6232, Ext 238;
Fax number: +251-116166252;
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
SNV-Ethiopia reserves the right to cancel the bid partially or fully.