SNNPRS Water and Irrigation Development Bureau
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES-FIRMS SELECTION)
NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING-NCB
COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
NAME OF PROJECT: Water Supply and Sanitation
Assignment Title: Design Review, Contract Administration & Construction Supervision of Mizan Aman Town Water Supply & Sanitation Project.
Mizan Aman Town Water Supply & Sanitation Enterprise has received Loan from Water Resource Development Fund toward the cost of Water Supply and Sanitation Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting service.
The consulting services include assisting the user town water utilities in Design Review, Contract Administration & Construction Supervision of Town’s Water Supply Construction Project and conducting Capacity Building.
The Services are estimated to be rendered for a period of 6 months for Lump Sum and 12 months for Time Base contracts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design Review of Water Supply Schemes i.e. updating drawings, BOQ, Business plan and any other related documents as required for successful construction of water supply and sanitation projects of Mizan Aman town.
- Contract Administration and construction supervision of water supply project of the town.
- Detail study of existing situation of the water scheme and incorporating its utilized items with the new system
- Conducting capacity building and program support
The SNNP Water, Mines & Energy Development Bureau now invites eligible consulting firms (Consultants) to indicate their interest of Expression in providing the service. Interested Consulting firms must provide information that they are qualified to perform the Services including:
- Brief description of the adequacy of the Consulting firm to respond to the assignment (maximum 2 pages),
- Documentation justifying general qualification: brochures, financial information as turnover over the last 5 years, technical and managerial organization of the Firm, general qualification and availability of appropriate skills among staff,
- Experience in similar conditions over the last 5 years,
- Description of a minimum of 3 similar assignments over the last 5 years (dates and duration, financing source and a brief description),
- Any other relevant information.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance qualifications. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in Article 5.7 of the PPA Manual. Consultants should have renewed Certificate of Registration/ compliance, trade license & work permit in water sector to participate in WaSH projects.
Hence, those interested consultants fulfilling the above requirements are invited to apply for submission of interest within 15 days (including holidays) after the last date of publication on The Ethiopian Herald Newspaper.
The submission date will be the next day after 15 days at 3:00 PM. If the submission date is overlap with Holiday, the next working day will be the submission date.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday @8:30 A.M-5:30 P.M. Expressions of interest in a written form accompanied with relevant documents must be delivered to the address below:
Address: In front of Hawassa University, Main Campus
Room No: 1st floor, P/F/P/Ad/Directorate, Room No.102,
Tel: 251-46-2126429 or 251-462212427
Fax: 251-462-206998 or 251-46-2203939
SNNP Regional State Water & Irrigation Development Bureau