The Ministry of Finance (MoF)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (For Firms)
NAME OF PROJECT: – Enhancing Shared Prosperity through Equitable Services
IDA Credit No.:-D2290-ET
Assignment Title: Roll-out strategy for the Ethiopian e-GP Implementation
Procurement plan Package No: – ET-MOFEC-COPCU-185570-CS-QCBS
This Request for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business No. DB Reference N°: WB p501096-03/20/May 18/2020
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Enhancing Shared Prosperity through Equitable Services (ESPES) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Credit to payments under the contract for selection and employment of a Consulting Firm for the preparation of a roll-out strategy for the Ethiopian E-GP implementation
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The major objectives of the assignment are to develop the e-GP implementation strategy to guide the Government of Ethiopia to roll out the e-GP system to (i) the different institutions under the Federal Government, and (ii) institutions under Regional and City Governments.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of the service is divided into two phases. The first phase of the service will address strategy for Federal Institutions, and the second phase will address strategy for Institutions under Regional and City administrations
- Review the IFMIS implementation strategy including the roll out plan and draw lessons for the e-GP system implementation strategy and use the experience to propose critical resources that need to be made available for the e-GP implementation with regards tem
- a. The equipment and infrastructure required
- b. Provide the data and information on the ground in the various institutions
- c. Advise the government on the size of the rollout and what resources are required to be ready
- d. The staffing, training and general readiness of the sites
- e. Sensitization of the various stakeholders during rollout
- f. And any other pertinent information
- Conduct a desk review and draw lessons from other countries strategies on the roll-out of complex information systems including e-GP and IFMIS
- Review the pilot implementation for the e-GP implementation and propose improvements and harness the successes in the implementation of the roll-out
- List potential federal government procuring entities by separately identifying umbrella and reporting institutions that undertake procurement activities
- Undertake procurement expenditure assessment of the institutions based on financial reporting data
- Undertake readiness assessment of institutions in terms of IT and staffing
- Identify general market targets of procuring entities
- Prepare prioritized list of institution for the roll-out using factors such as procurement expenditure and readiness
- Propose classification of institution for potential phasing approach
- Identify hardware requirements at institutional level
- and other many related tasks
- Undertake the above activities listed under Phase 1 for Regional and City Governments with emphasis on institutions at Bureau and Authority level.
- Propose a roadmap and coasted action plan for the roll out strategy with suggested list of Regional and City level institutions classified under implementation phases
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- The Consultant must have demonstrated experience of execution of three similar assignments and nature in the last five years;
- Must be willing to work with a tight deadline and engage as many stakeholders as possible, including IFMIS and the pilot procuring entities for the e-GP System.
- Should have a team comprising a team leader, procurement specialists, business analysts and any other fields deemed necessary
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The total duration of the assignment is five months.
The Ministry of Finance (MoF), Channel One Programs Coordinating Directorate (COPCD), now invites eligible consulting Firm/ institution jointly or individually to indicate their interest in providing the consulting services stipulated above under “The Scope of the assignment”. Interested consulting firms must provide evidence or supporting documents and information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, qualifications, and so forth).
Consultant selection will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Proposals (RFPs) as specified in the World. Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services July 2016 and revised November 2017 and August 2018 and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations The Consulting Firm/ institution will be selected in accordance with Qualification & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 8:30 AM5:30 PM in all working days. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below on or before October 14, 2020
Ministry of Finance (M0F)
Channel One Programs Coordinating Directorate (COPCD)
Sidist Kilo, Yekatit Square, King George Avenue
MoFEC Building, 6th Floor, Room No. 621
Telephone number: +251-111-57-05-94/91, Postal Address-1905
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia