Commercial Bank of Ethiopia
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST(CONSULTING SERVICES-FIRMS SELECTION)
Assignment Title: COMPREHENSIVE ASSESSMENT AND STRATEGY DESIGN OF CBE
The Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE) is the oldest and largest public-owned commercial bank in Ethiopia. It was established in 1942 with the objective of facilitating economic activities and expanding use of modern financial services. Since its establishment, the Bank has played important role in enhancing investment and facilitating modern financial services. In doing so, the Bank has been contributing to the economic development of the country and helped businesses grow, thrive, and create employment.
The CBE has envisioned to be a world-class commercial bank by 2025. The government of Ethiopia has also a strong desire for CBE to play a key role in realizing the key objectives of the government’s home-grown economic reform which, among others, includes modernizing the financial the sector, safeguarding macro-financial stability and ensuring sustainable and equitable growth.
The consulting services (“the Services”) involves a comprehensive assessment of the CBE: The diagnosis should identify the core sources or causes of its weaknesses, come up with proper remedies, design strategies and draw a clear plan of action for implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation tools that would take the CBE towards its vision and to meet the expectation of all its stakeholders. Specifically, the reform the program shall mainly focus on the following key transformation areas:
- Mandate definition and Corporate and functional strategy design,
- Asset quality review and turnaround solutions of distressed loans,
- Corporate Governance,
- Risk Management and Audit,
- Quality Management and Control,
- Domestic and International Banking Operation,
- Credit and Resource management,
- HR and Institutional Capacity,
- Digital Banking,
- Marketing and Product Development
- Information system, technology and cyber security
CBE now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are- core competence of the consulting firm, qualifications and experience of the firm, financial capability and average annual turnover, past performance of a similar assignment and timeliness of delivery, management capability, and the geographic presence of the consulting firm/s.
Eligible consulting firms shall submit the following documents along with their expression of interest
- Profile of the consulting firm (including evidence of the requisite expertise and skills),
- List of experience on similar projects(assignment) for the last five years,
- Number and listing of International Banks/ financial organizations to whom the firm provided consultancy service on comprehensive assessment and strategy design work in the last five years,
- Evidence regarding the firm’s knowledge in the area of the Ethiopian Banking business laws and practices,
- A document showing the professional experience of key personnel of the consulting firm in the area of specialization particular to the detail work specified under section
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by no later than 10:00 Ethiopian local time October 5, 2020.
Attention: Director – Procurement
Building: CBE Facilities Management Building, around Vatican Embassy
Floor/Room number: Room No.02
City: Addis Ababa | Post Code: 255 | Country: Ethiopia
Telephone: +251-372-28-78, or +251-372-28-58
Facsimile number: +251-372-28-89
Please refer the EOI reference No. number at the time of query.
Note:For any inquiry on the Expression of Interest, Please Call at +251 5581425 and E-Mail Emebetmelese@cbe.com.et