Reach For Change Ethiopia
CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR DEVELOPING CLIMATE
GUIDELINE AND TRAINING MANUAL
Reach for Change is registered in Ethiopia as a Foreign Organization with certificate number 3419. It works to positively impact the lives of youth, women, and children in Ethiopia and build the capacity of local social entrepreneurs.
As part of its commitment in integrating climate change in its policy strategy and projects, Reach for change Ethiopia is looking to hire a qualified and experienced consultant in the area of climate change adaption who can support Reach for change team and social entrepreneurs to mainstreaming Climate change adaptation actions across all their programs.
The objective of the assignment is the selected consultant(s) to review Reach for Change Ethiopia five year strategy documents and Facilitate (with key staff) the development of a climate change Strategy/Action plan, focusing on practical and measurable steps; Assess overall Reach for change organizational capacity to implement climate change adoption in all its programs and recommend strategies for improvement including on how we will support green enterprises ; to develop Reach for Change climate change mainstreaming guideline; to assess the knowledge and awareness gaps and needs of Reach for Change team and social entrepreneurs to adapt/integrate climate change and prepare climate change mainstreaming capacity building training manual and Organize workshops to build the capacity of Reach for Change and social entrepreneurs on climate change adaptation.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in environmental/ natural resource management or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in environmental. /or natural resource planning and management
- Proven and demonstrated experience in the area of climate change adaptation and organizational development within the NGO context and social entrepreneurs sector
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- An understanding of the Ethiopia government climate adaptation plan policy and strategies and implementation.
- Experience of supporting enterprises engaged in green economy is advantageous
- Good training facilitation skill
- Fluency (written and spoken) in both English and Amharic is essential.
- Renewed License and TIN Certificate
A detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the consultancy opportunity, including full details of how to apply and eligibility criteria, can be received by emailing ethiopia@ reachforchange.org. The deadline for applications is August 04, 2020.