Rehabilitation and Development Organization
Inquiring consultancy service to develop dialogue facilitation manuals
Category: Consultancy and Training, Health Care, Social Science, law.
Location: Addis Ababa
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years’ experience)
About Rehabilitation and Development Organization (RADO)
Rehabilitation and Development Organization (RaDO) is a Non-Governmental National Ethiopian Charity Organization which is established in 1995 aiming at contributing to the country’s development policy by improving the lives of vulnerable population groups. From 1997-2003 RaDO had implemented Hospital Physical Rehabilitation Projects covering 14 Referral Hospitals found in Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Gambella, Benshangul Gumuz, and Southern Nation, Nationalities and Peoples Regional States and Dire Dawa City Administration. Rado had also engaged in implementing Mine Risk Education in Tigray and Afar regional states from 1999-2005 and HIV/ AIDS project in Afar regional state from 2003-2005 respectively.
The organization has expanded its scope of operation to refugee settings by implementing Physical and Psychosocial Rehabilitation for People With Disability & Older persons, Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) & HIV/AIDS, and SGBV Prevention & Response projects. Currently, RaDO is operating in 22 refugee camps with Somalis, Sudanese, South Sudanese and Eritrean refugee communities and their vicinity. RaDO is mainly funded by UNHCR and also currently working in partnership with IRC, Population Council regional Office in Kenya and Action Aid Ethiopia.
About Zero Tolerance Village/School Alliance
Founded in rural South Africa by the Thohoyandou Victim Empowerment Program, the “Zero Tolerance Village Alliance (ZTVA) model is an intensive community-mobilization intervention geared toward community-led and community-owned SGBV prevention and response.
Founded on the concept that communities have agency to change norms relating to SGBV, the ZTVA intervention is designed to inspire communities to brand themselves as Zero Tolerance’ zones in regard to SGBV. The branding process involves a demonstration of motivation and commitment by the communities concerned. A critical mass of male and female community members are obligated to undergo a series of training sessions and to meet various criteria that grants them entry into an alliance of other like-minded communities that take a public stand against SGBV.
Zero Tolerance School Alliance model is a child-centric version of the Zero Tolerance Village Alliance with few modification to fit to the school context and appropriate to the child developmental stage.
Intervention activities include educational workshops, dialogues, and campaigns within communities, and culminate in a male pledge-taking ceremony (against SGBV), during which awards are also given to male and female community members who have displayed courage with regard to SGBV incidents in the community.
Fostering such “zero tolerance communities is designed to change social norms around violence, leading to violence prevention and increased SGBV reporting and service-seeking by survivors.
Rehabilitation and Development Organization needs to adapt & implement the model at Somali refugee camps. Hence, RaDO is looking for experienced consultant with particular experience with technical expertise in SGBV prevention and response and contextualized dialogue training facilitation manual development and excellent knowledge of International and National policies, laws & practices related to SGBV and SRGBV.
To develop two dialogue facilitation manuals (adolescent and adult) on community-led SGBV prevention and response guided by the principles of Zero Tolerance Village / School Alliance model.
3. Scope of Work
The Consultant will develop standard dialogue facilitation manuals pertaining identified thematic areas through implementing a participatory approach that involves: community in the implement tation area, RaDo staffs , UNHCR & ARRA protection staffs, the school community at DICAÇ School, senior human right & law professionals, experts in organizations working with women and children including UNICEF, UN Women, the MOE,
Ethiopian Women layers’ Association, the Association for Human Rights, the Human Rights Council, a Consortium of Ethiopian Human Rights Organizations and other relevant stakeholders to develop, test, and finalize the documents,
4. Specific Tasks
- Meet with RaDO program staffs at Head Office to discuss scope, expectations and about ZTVA model general principles, methodologies and criteria.
- The consultant should be liaised with the Technical Assistant in South Africa to be guided deeply through the Zero Tolerance Village/School Alliance model through virtual way/Zoom meeting,
- Review existing national policies, laws and, practices and laws related to SGBV and School
- Related SGBV including HTP and include those practices with in the manual.
- Conduct inception workshop with relevant stakeholders.
Gather input from RaDo staffs, partners and stakeholders with relevant expertise related to SGBV including HTP and Human, Woman & Child rights through as many rounds as needed to nurture the manuals with practical and contextualized contents.
Share the draft to a group of experts for critical review and incorporate accordingly.
- Conduct validation workshop with relevant stakeholders, and
- Submit the final & approved manuals to RaDO.
5. Required background and Qualifications, and Eligibility criteria
- Proven experience in designing and developing a similar materials for a least 3 years
- Proven knowledge and expertise on SGBV/SRGBV including HTP (FGM & early marriage), SRHR, and care provision with Health & Social studies or human right background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Somali language ability is a plus.
• Fulfillment of legal status, tax requirements, etc
6. Core Competencies
To be successful, the candidate should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communication skill
- Working with People / team work
- Drive for results
- Relating and professional networking
- Applying technical expertise
- Creating and innovating
7. Application Documents to be submitted
Interested applicants should submit:
Signed and scanned bid application and declaration form (See Annex – 1)
- Application letter
- Resume or Company Profile
- Technical Proposal in Ms Word Format (in English)
- Financial proposal with detailed cost break down (should be separate from technical proposal and must be in Microsoft Excel)
- One sample manual developed and produced by the applicant should be developed and will be verified.
- Copy of highest educational qualification earned.
1. Bidders who have renewed licenses for the current year can submit a complete set of the price quotation and lists -RaDo main office at Addis Ababa starting from Bid Announcement Date within 7 Working Days.
Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 12:30 PM and 01:30PM-05:30PM
RaDO Main office Bole Sub City Kebele 02, House No.1157
Mobile Phone: 0912-32-09-94/ 0923-97-73-23 or 011-6-62-72-97 Addis Ababa
2. The bidder must provide complete set of Technical and Financial Documents separately with one copy for each and the envelops shall then be sealed, signed and waxed, put in One Mother Envelop all tender documents and deliver to RaDO at the above stated address.
3. Bid opening date will be on the next day of bid closing at 10:30 a.m. in the presence of bidders or their legal representatives at the RaDO Addis Ababa office. If there is public holiday on this date the closing and opening of the bid will take place on the next working day at the same time and venue.
4. Provide Hard Copy your Technical and financial Proposal in person to Rehabilitation and Development Organization (Rado) outlining the above bulletin (7th paragraph) in Seven working days from the day of announcement.
5. The TOR and Bid Application and Declaration Form Rado will be collected from our office, Addis Ababa, Bolo Subcity, Kebele 02 H. No. 1157 around Bole Michael Tizeze Hotel/ Previous Amen General Hospital,
6. RaDO reserve the right to accept or reject all or parts of the bid.
For further inquiries please contact:
Mobile Phone: 0912-32-09-94/ 0923-97-73-23/ 011-6-62-72-97
Rehabilitation und Development Organization