Population Media Center-Ethiopia
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL AND
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
Request for Proposal (RFP): To Conduct Desk Review/Situational Analysis on Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) and Child Mariage (CM) mitigation for selected Woredas of Southern, Nations. Nationalities and Peoples Region (SNNPR)
Population Media Centre Ethiopia (PMC-Ethiopia), a US-based non-profit organization is seeking proposals from qualified researchers to conduct desk review/situational analysis on Accelerated Abandonment of FGM/C and CM project. The overall objective of the desk review analysis is to gather information on the prevailing situation of FGM/C and CM issues for selected woredas in SNNPR Ethiopia. The specific objectives include the following but not limited to:
- Conduct desk review and situational analysis on FGM/C and Child Mariage situation in SNNP
- identity the existing gaps on national/regional policy and legal frameworks that address PGAV/C and CM against women and girls:
- Asses the socio-cultural factors that aggravate the prevalence of FGM/C and CM
- Compile media coverage on FGM/CM in SNNP and suggest issues/topics for the production and transmission of magazine-style radio talk show, radio spots, and production of print materials:
- Gather data on media engagement and distribution in SNNP particularly registered broadcasts (government and privately owned), most favored stations/channels and recommend suitable approaches to sensitize different target audiences about FGM/C and CM using available channels:
- Recommend a suitable approach for the engagement of policy/decision makes influential leaders, active participation of the community particularly men women and girls in the fight against FGM/C and CM..
Interested applicants can submit an expression of interest (EOI) and collect TOR from PMC-Ethiopia located around Bambis Mekane Yesus BDG 7 Floor, Office No. 704 during working hours (Monday to Friday). A full Terms of Reference (TOR) will be given to those who submit an EOI and apply for TOR through the following email addresses: Wzo Tigist Moges, Project Director, PMC-E: firstname.lastname@example.org :_Biresow Geremew. Sr. R M & E Officer, PMC-E: email@example.com .
- Deadline for applicants to submit Eol to collect TOR, May 18, 2020;
- Deadline for submitting Technical and Financial Proposals to PMC-Ethiopia, May 25. 2020
Submitting an EOI does not constitute a formal engagement to undertake the scope of work (S0W).