Movement for Ecological Learning and Community Action Ethiopia (MELCA-Ethiopia)
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY
ADVERTISEMENT FOR REDESIGNING AND UPDATING MELCA’S WEBSITE
1. General Background
Movement for Ecological Learning and Community Action (MELCAEthiopia) is an indigenous, non-governmental, not for profit-making and secular development organization, registered in accordance with CSA law. MELCA-Ethiopia is working for a healthy ecosystem, vibrant culture and improved lives of communities in Ethiopia through developing and spreading innovative methods.
MELCA-Ethiopia is planning to get its website redesigned and updated and thus seeks to recruit a competent individual consultant
2. The overall objective of Redesigning and Updating the Website: The purpose of the consultancy is to redesign and update existing MELCA-Ethiopia’s website using the latest version of website interface and related technology. The website to be designed should be a solution based on a content managed system which will be the main Center website to promote and advertise the Center services and expertise in a relevant and friendly manner. The site will also be a hub, which will enhance communication and focus on entrepreneurs, businesses, Investments, and government policy/ regulations to highlight and showcase key content in a relevant and timely manner to the public. The broad objective of the task is to redesign and update MELCA’s existing website using up to date and state of the art technology and methodology available in the field based on Web Accessibility and Technical Guidelines set by the WWC (World Wide Web Consortium).
3. Specific objectives of Redesigning and Updating the Website:
- Develop a platform for use an information gateway and means to improve communication and information sharing,
- Assist and collaborate in the development of relevant content that will assure that users are motivated to learn more about MELCA-Ethiopia
- Develop a website that is easy to use and meets requirements of rules and regulations mandating access for users with disabilities and to those using different connection devices
- To boost compatibility of the website with diverse browsers currently available
4. Applicants are required to demonstrate:
- The Web designers must be able to show that work on all aspects of a website, which includes the text, graphics, images, designs, create and code web pages.
- The applicant consultancy company should have a related educational background on the subject.
- The applicant consultancy company must have strong graphics design skills.
- A legally licensed company that has fulfilled all legal requirements and got its license renewed for the fiscal year
5. Duration of the Assignment: The consultant needs to prepare and submit a schedule for redesigning the website. Then both parties will have a joint discussion and negotiation to agree on the starting and end date of the task.
6. Location of the Assignment: Addis Abeba, Ethiopia.
Interested applicants who meet the required conditions are invited to submit an expression of interest including financial and technical proposal outlining training methodology, training content and work plan and CV, and profile of consultants to be made available for the task. Interested applicants can collect the TOR having all the needed information from MELCA-Ethiopia head office in 5 working days from the date of this advertisement onwards during regular working hours, from Monday to Friday, at the address mentioned below, and submit a technical and financial proposal in a separately sealed envelope within 10 working days from the date of the appearance of this request for the proposal. MELCA-Ethiopia reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
MELCA-Ethiopia, Physical Address
In front of Ambassador Theatre or at the side of the Main post office,
Kedane Beyene Building
1st floor, Room No 903/6
Telephone +251 (0) 115 50 71 72 or +251 (0) 115 54 45 54