Mizan Tepi University
INVITATION TO BID FOR SECOND TIME
Mizan Tepi University now invites wax sealed bids from eligible bidders for furnishing the necessary material, labor and equipment for the Procurement of works — for the Construction of the following works:
- Compound Road Network at Main/Mizan Campus
- Water supply Project from Shonga River and access road at Main/Mizan Campus
- Water-supply, sewerage line and Reservoir remaining work at Tepi Campus
1. The Mizan Tepi University invites:
- a) All Contractors Grade Three (3) G.C or Grade Two (2) R.C. and above eligible bidders for the construction Compound Road Network at Main/ Mizan Campus
- b) All Contractors Grade Three (3) WWC and above eligible bidders for the construction Water supply from Shonga River and access road at Main/ Mizan campus
- c) All Contractors Grade Seven (7) G.C or Grade Six (6) WWC and above eligible bidders for the Construction of water supply, sewerage line and reservoir remaining work at Tepi Campus
2. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open national competitive bidding (NCB) procedures contained in the Public Procurement Proclamation of the Federal Government of Ethiopia and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries.
3. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Mizan Tepi University Procurement and property administration team or University’s Project Office and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below at 9 (a) from Monday to Friday at 8:30 to 11:30 am and 2:00 to 05;00 pm local time from the date of announcement on newspaper.
4. A complete set of bidding documents in English language shall be purchased eligible bidders as of the first announcement date of the bid on Newspaper up to the bid closing date upon the presentation of legal documents to Mizan Tepi University Procurement and property administration Team Office with non refundable fee of Birr 1000.00 (One Thousand Birr) for works listed above under section (a) and (b) and Birr 500.00 (Five Hundred Birr) for works listed above under section (c). No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
5. Bids shall be valid for a period of 120 (One Hundred Twenty) days after bid opening and must accompanied by a security specified under section 4 (Bidding form).
6. All Bidders are instructed to submit One Original and Two Photo Copy of the Technical Documents in such a way that the Original and each copy of the technical document after being sealed separately shall be placed in single wax sealed envelope marked as “Technical documents”. And One Original and Two Photo Copy of the Financial Bid Documents after being sealed separately shall be placed in single wax sealed envelope marked as “Financial Documents”. Finally, both documents shall be placed in one Outer mother envelop. Every envelop shall wax sealed, signed and stamped properly. Bid bond must be attached to technical document as per stated in bid documents. Copy of documents should be photocopy of the original bid documents.
7. The university shall select the successful contractor by applying the evaluated least cost based selection method. Bidders must meet the first stage i.e. minimum 70% qualification criteria to pass the second stage i.e. financial proposal evaluation and comparison. Late bidders will be rejected. Bids must be delivered to the address below 9(c) on or before 10:00 AM on 21th date for works listed above under section (c) and on or before 11:00 AM on 21th date for works listed above under section (a) and (b) beginning from the first date of bid announcement on newspaper. Proposal bid documents of bidders will be opened in the presence of bidders or their authorized representatives, who may choose to attend on the 21th day at 10:30 AM for works listed above under section (c) and on the 21th day at 11:30 AM for works listed above under section (a) and (b) counted from the bid announcement date at the address below at 9(d).
8. The University reserves the right to accept or reject all or part of this bid.
9. (a) Address documents may be inspected at:- Mizan Tepi University Mizan/Main campus.
- (b) Address documents issued from: – Construction Project Office.
- (c) Address Bids must be delivered to Procurement & Property Administration Team Tel. 0473360204
- (d) Address of Bid Opening: – Mizan Tepi University Senate hall.
10. Bidders are seriously advised to read and comply with all the instructions provided in the bidding documents.
11. All bidders must be accompanied by :
- (a) A signed bid form,
- (b) Registration /Trade Certificate (Legal Status),
- (C) Valid Tax Clearance Certificate,
- (d) VAT Registration Certificate,
- (e) Written Power of Attorney,
- (f) Proof of registration as a Contractor,
- (g) Registration of FPPA’s Supplier List
All documents stated under No. 11 (a) to (g) must be as per specified in technical documents on ITB 4.7
Mizan Tepi University