Ministry of Urban Development and Construction the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (Consultancy Service of Studying Urban Local Government Road Users Fee in Three cities
(NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BID)
Client:- Under the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Ministry of Urban Development & Construction, Urban Revenue Reform Project office, hereby referred to as the client.
Project: Urban Revenue Reform Project Office is to strengthen the financial capability of cities and enable them to carry out their role in achieving a middle income country vision in Ethiopian Cities, hereby referred to as the Study of Urban Local Government Road Users Fee. Consulting Service: Studying Urban Local Government Road Users Fee in Three cities (Mekelle, Bahir Dar and Dire Dawa)
Procurement Reference Number:-URRP/NCB/007/2020 Job Title: – Studying Urban Local Government Road Users Fee in Three cities (Mekelle, Bahir Dar and Dire Dawa)
The main objective of this assignment: to raise urban revenue from urban road users, re-invest in urban transport, provide and maintain modern and efficient infrastructure services for urban Community.
- Undertake existing condition assessment and identify the gaps between the cities road investment demand and revenue collected from road users
- Carry out a road users fee rate base, rational, the fee payers identification, collection efficiency, enforcement and come up with feasible recommend options
- Design and implementable road user’s fee rate range, the fee payers identification system, the fee collection and enforcement modality and implementation strategies.
- Prepare operational manuals to facilitate the implementation of the study, improve Road Users fee collection efficiency that helps the authorities and offices to have simple and transparent procedure , to minimize avoidance, evasion and leakage
- Perform the Requirement Analysis based on standard tools and techniques.
- Produce the definition of all software infrastructures needed for the system. This definition includes the entire software infrastructure required in the development and implementation tasks.
- Produce requirements that shall describe all existing and proposed business processes. The system models shall show proposed interactions and collaborations between business models such as in terms of inputs, outputs, verifications, approvals.
- Produce all the requirement analysis that shall consider the three cities as future deployment to all cities.
The Scope of the assignment:- As a sample the physical scope of the assignment will be focused on the three pilot cities, namely Mekelle, Bahir Dar and Dire Dawa. But is output (the recommendations the designed implementation tools and systems are expected to be applicable to all cities in the country. The consultancy work is expected to be delivered in three phases. The first is related to inception while the second deals with relevant literature and best practice review, existing situation assessment and analysis. The final will be the recommendation and design phase which includes the production of the System requirement Document, draft modal law, manuals and Implementation strategy.
Required qualifications:- The assignment requires at least 5 professionals with different qualifications and education levels. That is: –
- The Principal consultant/ team leader/ with a PHD, MSc, MBA or other relevant postgraduate qualification transport economics, Transport management, transport planning, Economics, Urban management, or equivalent qualification having a minimum of ten years of advisory, practical and/or managerial experience in the public sector government setting including significant experience implementing transport planning and policy formulation and road users revenue reforms study in a developed or developing country
- Tax expert with a PhD, MSc, or other relevant postgraduate qualification in public finance, economics, accounting, tax administration or related qualification having a minimum of eight years of practical experience.
- A Lawyer with a PhD, LLM, other relevant postgraduate qualification in tax law or related qualification having a minimum of eight years of practical experience
- A Civil/highway engineer with a PhD, MSc, or other relevant postgraduate qualification in highway engineer, civil engineer, road engineer or related qualification having a minimum of eight years of practical experience.
- Systems analyst with a PhD, MSc, or other relevant postgraduate qualification in information technology or computer science, Management information system, or related qualification having a minimum of eight years of practical experience.
The overall project may take 16 weeks after signing of the contract agreement
The short listing criteria:- Core business of the firm and years of experience, relevant firms experience in the field of the assignment including the list of projects and their costs, team composition and their experience, geographical coverage and technical and managerial organization of the firm & firm’s current financial status.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with procedure set out in the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Public Procurement Agency Guidelines Selection and Employment of Consultants by Public Procurement agency, April, 2011.
Within this, the Urban Revenue Reform Project office, of the Ministry of Urban development and construction, now invite all eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. So Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications
Expression of Interest must be delivered to the address below not later than 15 working days after the Request of expression of interest noticed in the Ethiopian Reporter Newspaper.
The firms may obtain further information from the address below during office hours: 8:30 A.M-12:30 AM and 1:30 P.M 5:30 P.M from Monday to Friday.
N.B. The expression of interest document (The proposal) shall not be more than 25 pages (the remaining firm experience letter, experts CV, and other supportive letters should annexed) Attn: Project Finance & Administration Head.
Physical address: Urban Revenue Reform
Project office, In front of National Bank of Ethiopia,
Lideta Subcity Sudan Street, adjacent to,
Dashen Bank’ Head Office,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Building: Urban Land and Land Related
Property Registration & Information Agency
Office: 9th Floor in Urban Revenue Reform
Finance & Administration Dept.
Telephone No. 0115 57 89 75