Ministry of Science and Higher Education
Request For Expression Of Interest
[Consulting Services-Firm Selection]
Consulting Service to Develop a Strategic Document For
Establishment of TVET Quality Assurance Agency
- Country: Ethiopia
- Project: East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration project (EASTRIP)
- Project ID: P163399
- Credit No.. 6335-ET
- Assignment Title: Selection of a consulting firm that Develops a strategic document for Establishment of TVET Quality Assurance
Reference No.: ET-MOSHE-ET-198462-CS-QCBS
The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP). The development objective of EASTRIP project is to improve the quality and relevance of skills produced to support regional economic corridors and to deepen regional harmonization of TVET standards and qualifications in selected sectors. The proposed project will have the following three major components: Strengthening Selected Regional Skills Centers of Excellence for High-Quality Skills Development in NCIP related sectors;
Capacity Building for National TVET Systems and enhancing regional collaborative capacity on TVET and Project Coordination
In accordance with the financing agreement, the project has intended to apply part of the proceeds for the selection of a consulting firm that develops a Strategic Document for the Establishment of TVET Quality Assurance Agency.
The consulting services (“the Services”) expected to provide the services in the development of quality assurance system and establishment of the Agency with a capacity and structural arrangement appropriate to provide all TVET service providers with regulatory support essential to improve quality of their provisions as well as to serve as an avenue to engage the different public and private agencies concerned with TVET program development and quality aspects.
Objectives of the consultancy
The general objective of this consultancy assignment is to provide MOSHE/NPCU with the technical support essential to the development of the quality assurance system and establishment of the lead authority, National TVET Quality Assurance Agency.
Specifically, the consultancy service is required to fulfill the following objectives:
- To develop quality assurance strategic document that will be implemented throughout the country,
- To develop internal and external quality assurance mechanisms and standards for the main quality determinant TVET activities,
- To develop an instrument to better assess and monitor TVET institutions and programs,
- To define an appropriate system for registration, accreditation and renewal of TVET institutions and programs,
- To set minimum standard for occupational assessment and certification process,
- To define a compliance audit system that entails accountability for noncompliance of standards.
- To provide guidance with regard to putting in place a transparency and accountability framework.
- To develop a partnership platform with pertinent national and international institutions as well as clients and partners.
The scope of services:
The consultancy service is limited to producing guiding documents for the development of the TVET quality assurance system and establishment of the Quality Assurance Agency with the capacity and structure to discharge its responsibilities as a lead organization in the area. In general, the consulting firm is expected to undertake the following main tasks:
- Develop an inception report that includes a critical review of the Ethiopian TVET system with regard to quality assurance practices and a work plan for the whole assignment;
- Produce compiled lessons and best practices from some other countries successful in assuring quality of their TVET provisions in competence-based approach.
- Draft a complete TVET Quality Assurance System document with clear definition and framework for the main functions under the system:
- setting quality assurance standards for the different outcome-based TVET activities,
- establishment of Internal& External quality assurance mechanisms,
- defining quality control and auditing system,
- establishing registration and accreditation of TVET providing and assessment institutions and individuals,
- develop stakeholders and partners (domestic & international) identification & communication strategy
- develop Monitoring & Evaluation system with sample M&E tools for main functions/processes from the perspective of input, throughput, output and outcome, etc.
- Draft TVET Quality Assurance Establishment document that includes but not limited to:
- vision, mission, and guiding principles,
- definitions of main and subsidiary functions
- organizational structure and its connection to an
- apex body and other institutions,
- suggestions on undertaking internal as well as
- external promotion activities,
- management information system (establishment
- web-supported database),
- institutional and administrative manuals,
- staffing requirement,
- budget estimate and funding alternatives,
- detailed establishment plan.
- Assist MOSHE/NPCU with the presentation of the draft system document and recommendations to key stakeholders and finalize documents with incorporation of feedback from the later.
Duration: The consultancy service should take no more than four calendar months to complete the assignment.
Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MOSHE), East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP) now invites eligible Consulting Firms engaged in similar assignments to indicate their interest in providing the consultancy service. Interested Consulting firms must provide information on:
- Their core business and years of experience in the business,
- The consulting firm should have a minimum of five years of proven experience in in the Education Sector.
- Qualifications of the firm, General qualification, and number of key staffs’ qualification in the field of the assignment.
- Availability of appropriate skills among staff for this assignment (required to attach client references if any) indicating that they are qualified to perform the services)
- Experience in similar type of services: The consulting firm should have relevant experience and expertise in the TVET sector supporting policy development/reform, implementing institutions establishment/restructuring as well as TVET quality and relevance enhancement
- Technical and Managerial capabilities and overall organizational overview of the firm, The consulting firm must have valid and renewed licenses and registration certificates to perform the services stated herein
The consulting firm may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications
The consulting firm will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated July 2016, Revised November 2017 and August 2018(“Procurement Regulation”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Interested Consulting Firms may obtain further information at the address below from 8:30AM-12:30AM and 1:30-5:00 PM local time from Monday to Friday before the deadline date and time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below on or before November 20, 2020, 2:00 PM.
Ministry of Science and Higher Education
East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP)
Project Office located at Bole: Opposite to Ethiopian Airlines Cargo around Brazil Embassy
2nd Floor, Procurement Team Office
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia