Ministry of Mines and Energy, የማእድንና ኢነርጂ ሚኒስቴር
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
- Name of Country; Ethiopia
- Name of Project: Rural Productive Safety Net Project (RPSNP)
- Credit No: IDA-D2330 – ET
- Assignment Title: Independent Procurement Audit EFY 2012
- Reference No.: ET-MOANRD-163737-CS-QCBS
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) and other Development Partners toward the cost of Rural Productive Safety Net Project (PSNP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services, Independent Procurement Audit EFY 2012.
The objectives of this Procurement Audit are as follows;
- To review the planning, procurement, contracting, implementation processes and record keeping for a sample of contracts under the PSNP, to confirm their consistency with the Project Appraisal Document (PAD), Procurement Plan approved at the Federal, region and woreda level in Systematic Tracking for Exchanges in Procurement (STEP), PIM and the FA;
- To seek a professional opinion on compliance by the procurement processes with the general principle of economy, efficiency, equal opportunities, transparency and verify technical compliance, physical completion and price competitiveness of each contract in the selected representative sample of contracts;
- To review the capacity of implementing agencies (Federal, regions, and woredas) in handling procurement efficiently, comment on the quality of planning, procurement, contracting, procurement internal control, record keeping and identify reasons for delays, if any and overall, how procurement management facilitates project implementation;
- To identify any indicators of questionable standards of ethics in the procurement management and oversight environment that make the processes vulnerable to fraud and corruption or collusive and obstructive practices, and report any suspicious cases; and
- To recommend actions needed to improve project procurement performance in light of deficiencies.
- To review that procurement activity carried out at Federal, Regional and Woreda levels are in accordance with PP submitted and approved in STEP.
The Food Security Coordination Directorate (FSCD) of the Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). The short-3 listing criteria are core business and years in business, qualifications in the field of the assignment, technical and managerial organization of the firm, and general qualifications and number of key staff. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
This procurement is governed by the IPF “regulation for Borrowers “World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, (Regulations) July 2016, Revised November 2017 and August 2018.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the consultant guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours, from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or 3 by fax, or by e-mail) by 15 May 2020 on or before 16:00 local time
Ministry of Agriculture (MOA) Attention, DegayehuDessie, Director, Procurement Directorate P.O. Box 62347, Email:email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
CMC Road, Behind Ministry of Mines and Energy,
Building B,1st Floor, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia