The Ministry of Finance (MoF)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Project: Ethiopia Digital Foundations Project (P171034
Assignment Title: Consultancy to prepare a Labor Management Procedure
Reference No.: ET-MOFEC-COPCU-185689-CS-INDV
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Finance (MoF), has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Ethiopia Digital Foundation Project (“Digital Ethiopia”) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The Ministry wants to engage qualified and experienced consultant to prepare a labor management procedure
The objective of the consultancy service is to support the project implementation unit of digital foundation project in preparing a labor management procedure (LMP) as required by World Bank to develop LMP
The consulting services (“the Services”) include but not limited to
- Initial mapping of project workers likely to be deployed by the project
- Develop a Labor Management Procedure base on initial mapping specifically the LMP summarize its main goal , review key aspect of national labor legislation with terms and conditions,
- Identify policy gaps to satisfy World Bank environmental and social standard (ESS2) compare to Ethiopian legal requirement on OHS
- Define LMP including policies and procedures for good OHS practice , roles and responsibilities for the implementations, LMP should include description of grievance mechanism recommending suitable GRM proportionate to potential risks and impact of the project
Contract Term: The service of the consultant is expected to be completed in about 4 weeks.
Qualification and experience: The qualification and experience required for consultants who would like to apply for the service should possess the following minimum criteria
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Sociology, Social Science, Development studies or relevant field (Postgraduate degree in a related field would be an added advantage).
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in the field of development including extensive experience of labor market surveys, policy and advocacy work, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in project management at various levels of labor management activities, preferably for large-scale development partner funded infrastructure projects (such as preparation and management of Labor Management Procedure and Labor Management Plans);
- Sound knowledge of safeguard requirements of international banks; knowledge of World Bank procedures will be a plus.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Written and oral fluency in English required.
The Ministry of Finance now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should send expressions of interest, together with information demonstrating that they have the required qualification and relevant experience to perform the service (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, qualifications, and so forth) by providing CVs, and supporting documents
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”) revised November 2017 and August 2018, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant (Section V) method set out in the Procurement Regulations. Further information can be obtained, by email at the address below during office hours from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Addis Ababa time
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail, on or before November 25, 2020, but preferably by e-mail.
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Finance
Attn: Channel One Programs Coordinating Directorate
Address: Arada Sub city, Woreda11/12, MoF building, 4th Floor,
Room No 403, Sidist Kilo in front of Lion Cage park,
P.O.Box 1905, 1037
E-mail: EO12019MoF@gmail.com; email@example.com
ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA