The Ministry of Finance (MoF)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
NAME OF PROJECT:- Enhancing Shared Prosperity Through Equitable Services
Credit No.:- IDA-D2290-ET
- Assignment Title: – Selection & Recruitment of a consulting firm for the preparation of National Agriculture, Water, Transport, and Mining ESIA Guidelines Preparation.
- Procurement plan Package No: ET-MOFEC-COPCU-158479-CS-QCBS/
This Request for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business No. DB Reference Nº: WB-P501096-03/20 The Government of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for Selection & Recruitment of a consulting firm for the preparation of Sectorial Environmental & Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) guidelines for Environmental commission or National Agriculture, Water, Transport and Mining ESIA Guidelines
- Conduct a desk review of international guidelines and existing policies and legislations to identify the gaps and opportunities for better integration of agriculture, mine, water and transport issues;
- Revise and prepare the national Agricultural, Water, Transport and Mining Guidelines to comprehensively incorporate environmental aspects and social dimensions particularly health, gender, and human rights; and
- Train/aware of the different governmental institutions delegated to undertake to review ESIAs in Ethiopia, and Regional Environmental Protection Authorities.
The Scope of the assignment includes:-
- The consultant will conduct a detailed desk-based literature review of the existing international and national guidelines, Environmental, transport, agriculture, mining, and water policies; Climate Change related guidelines, EIA proclamations, as well as other supporting legislation relating to social and economic development and impacts in Ethiopia.
- Revise national/international guidelines to get experience and encompass relevant and emerging environmental issues as well as social issues (particularly health, gender, and rights) including indicators in social, health economic, and environment sectors drawing key good international practice guidance from the continent and beyond,
- Provide Training/awareness to the Environment, Forest and Climate Change Commission, the six delegated line ministries, stakeholders from the social/economic sector gender, labor, health, extractives as well as selected stakeholders to ensure that the guidelines practice and processes in Ethiopia accounts equally for both the biophysical and social impacts in all the stages
Firm’s Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
- Firm Competency certificate level I (with a minimum Senior Economist, Senior Sociologist, Senior Environmental Health Expert, Senior Water Expert, Senior Biodiversity Expert, Senior Environmental Pollution analysis Expert and Senior Green House Gas (GHG) analysis expert) from EFCCC
- At least 4 years’ experience after acquired competency certificate and with participation of similar good assignments which can supported by performance letter
- Having evidence or recommendation letter on related guidelines preparation
- Must have track record of practical experience in implementing environmental management plans and developing Environmental and Social management systems;
- Must have significant knowledge of environmental issues, policies and programs in the Ethiopia and at least one other African country;
- Must have adequate knowledge of social issues such as health, HIV, gender, human rights, in Ethiopia and at least one other African country;
The aim of providing Transport, Mining, Water and Agriculture Environmental & Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Guidelines is envisaged that this consultancy will be carried out over a period of three months: starting from contract agreement.
The Ministry of Finance (Mor), Channel One Programs Coordinating Directorate (COPCD), now invites eligible consulting Firm/ institution jointly or individually to indicate their interest in providing the consulting services stipulated above under “The Scope of the assignment”. Interested consulting firms must provide evidences or supporting documents and information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, qualifications, and so forth).
Selection of the consultant will be conducted through Quality and cost based selection (QCBS) using a Request for Proposals (RFP) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers for Procurement in Investment Project Financing Consulting Services July 2016 and revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Firms as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM in all working days. Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below on or before December 2, 2020.
Ministry of Finance (MoF)
Channel One Programs Coordinating Directorate (COPCD)
Sidist Kilo, Yekatit 12 Square, King George Avenue
MoF Building, 6h Floor, Room No. 403
Telephone number: +251-111-57-05-94/91, Postal Address-1905
E-mail address: email@example.com
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia