Ministry of Education
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES- FIRMS SELECTION)
Client: Ministry of Education (MoE)
- Country: Ethiopia
- Name of Project:- General Education Quality Improvement
- Program for Equity (GEQIP-E)
- Assignment Title: Conducting GEQIP-E Procurement Audit
- Reference No. MOE/GEQIP-E/CI QCBS /-137/20
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Education has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the General education quality improvement program for equity (GEQIP-E), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include i
1. The objectives of the Independent Procurement Audit (IPA) will be:
- 1.1 To review the procurement, contracting, and implementation processes and timeliness and appropriateness of no-objections issued by the Bank for a sample of contracts under GEQIP-E, to confirm their consistency with the Legal Agreements and associated documents.
- 1.2 To seek a professional opinion on compliance by the procurement processes with the general principle of economy and efficiency, equal opportunities, transparency and verify technical compliance, physical completion and price competitiveness of each contract in the selected representative sample of contracts;
- 1.3 To review the capacity of implementing agencies (MoE, Regional Education Bureaus and Universities) in handling procurement efficiently, comment on the quality of procurement and contracting, and identify reasons for delays, if any and overall, how procurement management facilitates project implementation;
- 1.4 To identify any indicators of questionable standards of ethics in the procurement management and oversight environment that make the processes vulnerable to fraud and corruption or collusive and obstructive practices, and report any suspicious cases; and
- 1.5 To recommend actions needed to improve project procurement performance in light of deficiencies.
2. Scope of the Procurement Audit
2.1 The Independent Procurement Audit will cover all implementing agencies and sample contracts from all implementing agencies. The number of IAs that IPA will be conducted shall be as follows:
MOR=——————————-One Office (GEQIP-E Coordination)
Regional Education Bureaus——————————12 Offices
Universities with centers of Excellence 5(Hawasa, Jimma,Bahir Dar, Addis Ababa & Mekele)
Total 18 Implementing Agencies (IAs)
2.2 To attain the specific objectives, the consultant will carry out the review in four stages as outlined below, under the supervision of the GEQIPE coordination: office staff responsible for this assignment.
3. Duration of the Procurement Audit
It is estimated that the assignment shall require approximately 12 weeks of duration with 7 staff months. However, consultants have the responsibility for estimating and costing the staff month requirement for the assignment.
The Independent Procurement Audit under this contract shall be carried out for two years; for the EFY 2013 and 2014 EFY.
The Ministry of Education now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: firm’s general experience in consultancy, relevant experience of the firm in the field of assignment, firm’s availability of appropriate and professional qualifications among staff
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011. (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the quality cost based selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (9:00 AM-12:00 and 1:00 PM-5:00PM) from procurement Service and Administration Directorate.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person on or before 07 January, 2021 at 3:00PM.
The MOE reserves the right to accept or reject any or all EOI applications
Ministry of Education
Attention; W/ro Shewalem Mare Seid
Procurement Service and Administration Directorate
Room No.: 2nd floor Old Building
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia