Ministry of Agriculture, ግብርና ሚኒስቴር, http://www.moa.gov.et
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES-FIRM SELECTION)
- Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Name of Project: Livestock and Fisheries Sector
- Development Project (LFSDP p159382)
- Credit No.: 6165-ET
- Assignment Title: Consultancy Service for harmonization & integration, implementation, and roll-out of Livestock Identification and Traceability System (LITS)
- PRN: ET-MOLF-155493-CS-QCBS
The FDRE Ministry of Agriculture has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Livestock and Fisheries Sector Development Project (LFSDP p159382), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
Objectives of the Consultancy
The general objective of this consultancy work is to enable the realization and implementation of Animal Identification and Recording (AIR) in Ethiopia by harmonization and integration of Ethiopian Livestock identification and traceability System (ETLITS) with other AIR systems in Ethiopia, and support the implementation and rollout of ETLITS, including providing advisory and technical support to LFSDP’s Technical Task Team for LITS and MoA’s Livestock Identification Traceability and Animal Welfare Directorate (LITAW).
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- Harmonization and integration of ETLITS with other existing AIR systems in Ethiopia Coverage extension of existing cattle Ethiopian Livestock Identification and Traceability Systems to sheep and goats
- Modification and refining of current ETLITS database system by adding new functionalities Supporting implementation and rollout of currently prevailing ETLITS
- Providing advisory and technical support to LFSDP’s Technical Task Team for ETLITS and MoA’s LITS Directorate’s team.
The Ministry of Agriculture; LFSDP, now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
The shortlisting criteria are Eligibility, Core business and years in business, qualification and experience in the field of assignment, organizational, and managerial capabilities of the firm, and general qualification and number of key staff but not individual experts’ bio data, etc.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants) by World Bank Borrowers [dated January 2011 and revised July 2016 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 AM hours and from 2:00 PM to 5:00 P.M hours, Mondays to Thursdays and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 AM and 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours on Fridays.
Expressions of interest (including all relevant documents) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person or by mail, or by e-mail) by May 12, 2020, on or before 4:00 pm
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Procurement Directorate
Street Address: CMC Road, behind
Ethiopian Geological Survey
Floor/ Room number: Block B; 1st Floor, Room number 1-2
Tel: +251 0116462285 Addis Ababa