Invitation to bid for consultancy service
Open for National Competitive Biddings (NCB)
Procurement Reference Number MEU/CON/003/zo13
- Mettu University has the budget to be used for Consultancy service of preparation of detail engineering design, tender document preparation, engineering cost estimate, Contract administration and supervision of Mettu university model secondary school, residences, laboratory and other buildings at Mettu main campus and bedelle campus in 2013 E.c budget year. So the university invites all eligible bidders of CATEGORY ONE who fulfill the following requirements that should be attached with the application VAT registration certificate, a valid tax clearance certificate issued from Inland Revenue, Business organization registration certificate, trade license renewed for 2013EC, Registration Certificate in the suppliers list under Public Procurement & Property Administration Agency Relevant professional certificate as appropriate
- A complete set of bidding document may be purchased at the Mettu University procurement Directorate office upon submission of a written application and a non-refundable fee of 500 ETB (Five Hundred Ethiopian Birr) in cash starting from the first announcement day of the bid up to 21st calendar days,
- All bids must be accompanied by the bid security at the Bidder’s option could be in the form of CPO (Certified cheque or Payable order.) or an unconditional Bank Guarantee addressed to the project title given in the table below
Bid bond in ETB
Consultancy service of preparation of detail engineering design, tender document preparation, engineering cost estimate Contract administration and supervision of Mettu university model secondary school,
residences, laboratory, and other buildings
100,000.00 one Hundred
Bid Security shall be valid for 120 days after
the last date for submission of the Bid and
Shall be valid for 28 days beyond the end of
the validity period of the bid.
2. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the Open National tendering procedure contained in the public and procurement administration proclamation of the government.
3. Detailed tasks will be specified in the Terms of Reference and request for proposals to be provided to the bidders,
4. Submission and opening of the bid
a) The deadline for Bid submission (both technical and financial offers independently) is: 21 Calendar days beginning from the first date of advertisement. If the 21st calendar day is a holiday the last bid submission date will be the next working day. Time: morning 4:00 Local Time.
b) The Bid proposal opening is:21st Calendar day beginning from the first date of advertisement. If the 21st calendar day is a holiday the last bid submission date will be the next working day. Time: morning 4:15 Local Time
c) Bidders are required to submit bid documents in two envelopes containing the technical and financial proposals separately.
d) The Bidder shall prepare and submit one original and two copies of the technical part of the bid sealed in separate envelopes and clearly marking each as Original & Copy. Bidders shall not indicate their price in their technical offer. If so it will be rejected.
e) The Bidder shall prepare and submit one original and two copies of the financial offer (Bid price Schedule) in separately sealed envelopes, clearly marking each as Original & Copy
f) The original and all copies of Technical Bid should be placed in Sealed Envelope clearly marked as “TECHNICAL BID” and the Original and all Copies of financial bid in a sealed envelope clearly marked as “FINANCIAL BID” and warnings. DO NOT OPEN with the financial bid. And failure to do the above things will result in automatic rejection from the tender.
g). The-Bidder shall submit the BID BOND/Guarantee in a separate/third/ envelope clearly marking it as Bid Guarantee. The three envelopes (technical, financial, and bid bond) shall then be enclosed inside one big mother envelope, all together Each envelope contains the project name, procurement reference number, name, and address of the bidder and should be addressed to the Public Body
h). Only financials offers of those bidders who score the minimum technical qualifying point and above as per the tender document will be opened on the financial opening date
i). Any attempt of submission of forged/false document and/or indication of financial offer on the technical proposal result in rejection of the hid.
7. The public body shall not bear any responsibility for misplacement of the technical document in the financial document or vice versa, which result in rejection of the bid,
8. The intended completion date of the whole of the design works shall be 45 to 75 calendar day (based on the assignments)
9. Successful consultant will be selected based on the Quality and Cost Based Selection method
10. All other relevant documents should be submitted as per the requirements of the Bid Data,
11 The Public Body reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and to annul the bidding process and reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to Bidders
For further information METTU UNIVERSITY
PROCUREMENT DIRECTORATE OFFICE
Tell. No +251-471410529
Fax No 318