Mercy Corps Ethiopia
Invitation to Bid
Mercy Corps is an international, non-governmental humanitarian relief and development organization that exists to alleviate suffering and poverty by helping people build secure, productive, and sustainable community-driven changes. In Ethiopia, Mercy Corps is operating in Somali, Oromia, Addis Ababa, and SNNPR in the sectors of Water and Sanitation, Economic Development, Livelihoods, Capacity Building, Emergency Response, Health, and Nutrition, and other similar sectors.
With the fund secured from USAID/ OFDA for SOAR (Somali Oromia Assistance and Recovery) program, Mercy Corps Ethiopia is working to improve the health and wellbeing of Internally Displaced Peoples (IDPs) and host communities integrating WASH, Nutrition and Livelihood components.
As part of the SOAR program Mercy Corps is planning to procure goats for IDPs and host communities’ in Tuliguled and Babile Somali Woredas; and Liben and Gumi Eldallo Woredas of Oromia.
Therefore, Mercy Corps hereby invites potential livestock traders who could supply Ogaden/Hararghe/Borana breeds for respective regions that are healthy and with active foraging habits.
- LOT-1 Tulliguled and Babile Somali Woredas; 1200 Ogaden breed goats
- LOT-2 Babile Oromia Woreda; 600 Hararghe breed goats
- LOT-3 Liben and Gumi Eldallo Woredas; 1200 Borana breed goats
Detail bid documents can be obtained as of June 26th, 2020 from Mercy Corps Jigjiga and Dire Dawa field offices for LOTs 1&2 and Negelle field office for LOT-3 and bids must be submitted to the same offices until 1st July 2020 5:00 PM.
- Eligible bidders are invited to take part in the bid upon submission of copies of all relevant renewed business licenses, and the taxpayer’s registration certificate.
- The bid document must be sealed in the envelope.
- Bidders have to mention the delivery time, terms of payment, and attach detailed specifications.
- Only one bidder is allowed per LOT (one bidder for one LOT)
- Bidders have to be willing to work with Mercy Corps on the voucher base and to distribute the Goats to IDP sites/centers as indicated in the bid documents.
- Bidders have to be certified livestock local traders and need to have more than one year of experience in the sector.
- Should have Legal bank account at CBE or Awash international bank and adequate working capital at bank proved by bank statement.
- Present bill security in cash or bank CPO which is 1% of the total cost proposed.
- Failure to comply with any of the conditions indicated above and on the bid document will result in an automatic rejection.
Mercy Corps reserves the right to reject the bid fully or partially.
Kebele 06, House No.2079, Tel.No.+251-25-775-7477, P.O.Box:225
Dire Dawa office:
Kebele 02, House No.509, Tel.No.+251-25-113-1220/21,P.O.Box: 974
Negelle office: Kebele 03, Tel. No. +251-46-445-0188, P.O.Box:116