Call for External Audit Service
MELCA-Ethiopia is legally re-registered by the Agency for Civil Society Organizations on 14 November 2019 in accordance with Civil Society Organizations proclamation No. 1113/2019 with a registration number, 0348.as an Ethiopian local non-governmental, not-for-profit and secular development organization established in 2004 and working for a healthy ecosystem, vibrant culture and improved lives of communities in Ethiopia through developing and spreading innovative methods,
accordance with the Accountings and Audit Board of Ethiopia (AABE) Proclamation No. 847/2014 and 2014 and Civil Society organization Proclamation 1113/2019, MELCA Ethiopia is required to submit an annual audit report of acceptable standard at the end of the fiscal year. Therefore, MELCA kindly invites a qualified Audit firm (Certified audit firm who has as authorization from office of Accounting and Auditing Board of Ethiopia (AABE) to conduct auditing of MELCA’s account for the year ended December 2020.and the following two sequential years, the following requirement should be fulfilled to participate in the comparison for the audit services.
- Organizational profile
- Renewed professional license and business registration license
- Certificate of compliance from the office of the Accounting and Auditing Bard of Ethiopia AABE)
- Have evidence of auditing experience with similar NGOS
- Evidence of previous experience of auditing financial statements prepared based on IPSAS cash Base,
- VAT registration certificate
- Tax payer registration Certificate (TIN)
Scope of the service
- The firm will audit the client’s financial statement of the fiscal year
- There will be about 30 box files of accounting documents
- The firm should conduct the audit according to IPSAS and Agency for Civil Society Organization requirement.
- Financial consolidated report and Management letter will be the Major output of the services,
- In its proposal, the firm should provide the fee for audit service; duration of the annual audit, date of the final audit report
- MELCA Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and annul the bidding process and reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to bidders.
Applicant should submit their expression interest and audit fee in a separately sealed envelope in person to MELCA office Addis Ababa office within 7 working days after this announcement is made. MELCA-Ethiopia Head office, located at Kidane Beyene building, 1st floor, beside main post office or via P.O.Box: 1519 code 1250, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. For more information, please call @ Phone – +251-11-550-7172 or +251-911-62-98-85