Medecins Sans Frontieres Holland
Terms of Reference (ToR) for IPSAS consultancy service
Job by Medecins Sans Frontieres Holland
Category: Accounting and Finance, Consultancy and Training
Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
Career Level: Senior Level (10+ years’ experience in Auditing/financial consultancy)
Employment Type: Consultancy Contract
Medecins Sans Frontieres-Holland (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF Holland) is a private, non-profit; International Humanitarian Medical Organization, which intervenes in emergencies and crisis, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs, and to create a space for humanity.
In response to new government regulation, which requires Civil Societies and Charities to announce a call for the Consultancy Service on newspaper, it has been necessary for Medecins Sans Frontieres Holland Ethiopia to make this announcement
Therefore, Medecins Sans Frontieres Holland Ethiopia is looking for an eligible Financial Consultancy Firm to conduct adoption of IPSAS as part of implementing the standards for financial reporting.
Main objective of the consultancy Work.
The main objectives of the assignment are:
- To evaluate the organizations current accounting system (Modified cash Base Accounting), redesign and support implementation of accrual basis IPSAS.
- To provide detail gap analysis on current reporting standard and proposed changes to reporting standards and develop roadmap for accrual basis IPSAS implementation.
- Based on the new system proposed, prepare the 2020 annual financial statements of MSF Holland together with organization Finance and management staff by providing required technical assistance.
- Providing a clear recommendation on all necessary modifications required on current information system/software, policy, processes and other required changes as deemed necessary
- Provide capacity building training to MSF Holland Ethiopia finance staff on IPSAS so that MSF Holland Ethiopia Mission will be able to comply to all standard provisions, reporting requirements, reporting schedules, and documentations in the forthcoming reporting periods.
- To introduce the theory and principles of IPSAS to MSF Holland Ethiopia staff about the International Public Sector Financial Reporting Standards requirements and Government of Ethiopia financial reporting proclamation
- General experience: At least of 10 years in the field of financial accounting, Auditing and accounting in the NGO sector particularly INGO’s experience is preferred.
- Specific experience: The consultant must have considerable experience in adopting and implementing International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for minimum of two years.
- Consultant having experience in the application of IPSAS in non-governmental organizations/NGO shall have benefit
How to Apply
Interested consulting firms to this assignment are invited to submit their technical as well as financial proposal separately in person to Medecins Sans Frontieres Holland Ethiopia Admin and HR unit at the reception before or on November 11, 2020 before 2:00 Pm.
Interested bidder can collect the bid document starting from November 2, 2020 on office working hours from Medecins Sans Frontieres Holland Ethiopia Office Address:
Yeka Sub City, Haya-Hulet area, close to Addis College Woreda 4. house No. 533, Telephone 011-661-65-72/011-661 67 22/011-661 62 44 / 011-661 63 74
Eligible consulting firms should collect the detailed TOR and bid document from Medecins Sans Frontieres Holland Ethiopia Finance Department located on the 2nd floor.
Medecins Sans Frontieres Holland