LONADD HR CONSULTANTS
BEEF FINISHING TRAINING CONSULTANT
LonAdd HR Consultancy Plc (www.lonadd.com) is a Recruitment & Outsourcing Company based in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia, with branch offices in Dukem and Hawassa. We are recruiting on behalf of our client in the recruitment process of suitable & knowledgeable candidate, as per our Clients specific requirements stated below:
The Agricultural Transformation Through Stronger Vocational Education (ATTSVE) project is a large capacity building, 8-year project funded by Global Affairs Canada and led by Dalhousie University and partners working with four Ethiopian ATVETS, Wolaita Soddo, Maichew, Nejo and Woreta.
The ATTSVE project is designed to enhance the capacity of the Ethiopian ATVET system to prepare skilled, competent technical graduates. Under the ATTSVE project, ATVETs will become reputable providers of modular training as well as customized short-term trainings that meet the unique needs of farmers, rural youth, the agro-industry and the broader rural communities.
Training design and delivery will grant specific consideration to the unique needs of women farmers and female rural youth. Customized training modules will transform ATVETs through both institutional strengthening as well as the maturation and diversification of their own programme offerings and instructional modalities.
To hire a consultant to support the development of materials and deliver short skills-based training on Beef Cattle Fattening and Business Practices to small-scale beef cattle farmers, Development agents, Youth who are interested in becoming beef cattle farmers.
Training description: At the end of the 4-day training, learners will be able to formulate rations and Fatten cattle while maintaining animal health and welfare best practices.
Topics will cover the following areas.
- Select fattening cattle from a local cattle market.
- Evaluate management systems for cattle finishing.
- Provide proper nutrition to cattle during the finishing phase of production.
- Grade cattle.
- Identify viability of operating a cattle finishing operation in Ethiopia.
- Review training agenda and materials for training areas 1, 2, and 3 as developed by Dalhousie and JUCAVM and provide feedback.
- Develop learning materials for areas 4 and 5 of the training (4- Grade cattle 5- Identify viability of operating a cattle fattening/finishing operation in Ethiopia) after discussion with Dalhousie and JUCAVM.
- Advice on relevant field visits for the training.
- Online or in-person meeting with JUCAVM before the training to review materials and plan delivery.
- Travel to and co-deliver 4-day training at Wolaita-Soddo ATVET and surrounding areas in late March 2021. This training will be co-delivered with an expert from JUCAVM. Provide copies of training materials to Dalhousie before the training.
- Complete training Report with other trainers.
Length of contract:
- The consultant will be hired in early February when a review of the materials will start and the contract will finish after the training is delivered and the training report submitted in late March.
- The consultant must be available for training dates. Dates will be confirmed.
- The assignment requires working remotely with teams in different time zones.
- The total level of effort for the assignment is not likely to exceed 14 days; this includes the development and review of training materials, training delivery, and drafting training report.
Budget: The consultant will need to pay all costs from their financial proposal, including travel, accommodation, and insurance.
Competencies: Main competency:
- The consultant should have at least 5 years of technical experience in beef fattening/finishing and business practices and teaching these topics
- BSc or MSc in Animal Production of a similar topic.
- Knowledge and experience of CBET and skills-based learning delivery is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of educational delivery at the ATVET level is an asset.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, age sensitivity, and adaptability.
- Experience in pre and post-test design /post-training action plan development.
- Candidates speak additional local languages of the country is a plus.
How to apply: Interested Applicants with the relevant qualifications & required experience can send us their
- CV and technical & financial proposal delivering the training.
- A renewed consultant license and professional certificates.
- ToT or VAT registration and TIN certificate.
Via Email to “firstname.lastname@example.org ” by putting “Job Application for BEEF FINISHING TRAINING CONSULTANT”, in the subject box.
Application Deadline: February 16th, 2021 by 5:00 pm.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted