LIGHT FOR THE WORLD -christoffel
INVITATION FOR VEHICLE RENTAL BID
BID No. LFTW/2020/001
LIGHT FOR THE WORLD International is a non-for-profit organization operating in Ethiopia with registration No. 1706. Its vision is an inclusive society where no one is left behind. Its core programs include comprehensive eye health services, elimination of neglected tropical diseases, inclusive education for children with disabilities, community-based rehabilitation to prevent disability and support persons with disabilities and inclusive development to help persons with disabilities to participate equally in society.
Light for the World Ethiopia invites experienced and potential Car Rental Firms/Companies that have adequate number of code 3 off road and other small sedan vehicles and have the capacity to provide logistics support to our regional field operations that are found in Oromia, Tigray, Amhara, SNNPR, Somali, Sidama and Addis Ababa.
1. The rental company should quote for the following vehicle type and Model; –
- Toyota Hardtop station Wagon (Mark II), Manufacturing year >=2010;
- Toyota Land Cruiser Station Wagon four-wheel drive (Cobra 105), manufacturing year >=2006;
- Toyota Single/ double cabin pick up of manufacturing date >=2007;
- Toyota Minibus for Addis Ababa and surrounding areas and outside of Addis with 150 km. Manufacturing year >=2004;
- Light Vehicle for 4 people to be used in Addis Ababa must be fuel injection and manufacturing year >= 2003;
- Isuzu truck 50qt and year of manufacture >=2002;
- Isuzu truck 80qt and year of manufacture >=2002;
- Coaster bus 24-seater capacity both within and outside of Addis Ababa, manufacturing year >=2006;
II. Technical Requirement
- Production year of the vehicles must be seen on the vehicle body
- KM/gauge must be operational
- The vehicles must have seat belts, A/C and basic tools
- The vehicles must be in good condition and equipped with first aid kit
- Vehicles must be insured and copy of the renewed insurance certificate should be attached and delivered whenever the car is available for rent
- Vehicle Plate code must be a 3-xxx;
- Field vehicle drivers should be skilled, disciplined and willing to work under difficult situation
III. Other Important Requirements/ Instructions
- Renewed business license for Car Rental services for 2020 FY;
- VAT & TIN Registration Certificate;
- All vehicles and cars should have title certificate with commercial (code 3- plate);
- The potential company must have capacity to provide 7 4WD (Toyota Land Cruiser Hardtop/ Cobra 105) vehicles at any given time;
- A bidder must own at least 6 4WD (Toyota Land Cruiser Hardtop/ Cobra 105) vehicles registered under the name of the applicant company (please attach a copy of title certificate);
- Price validity of the tender document must be at least for 60 calendar days after submission;
- Company profile name & address of the company;
- 3 Reference letters for good performances from other clients, preferably from INGOs.
- Daily price of each types of vehicles must be quoted using your organization price quotation form. The price quotation should be stated both with fuel and without fuel;
- All vehicles and cars should have valid annual technical inspection and must have comprehensive insurance policy;
- In case of accident or standard service schedule, the company must have the capacity to replace the vehicle with another of equal specification within 24 hours.
IV. Bid Guarantee
- (a) The Bidder shall furish Birt 5000.00 (Five Thousand Bin) as part of its Bid as a Bid Security to Light for the World in certified payment order (CPO).
- (b) The Bid Security is to protect Light for the World against the risk of the Bidder’s conduct, which would warrant the security’s forfeiture
- C) Any bid without a bid security and not secured as required will be rejected by the Light for the World as non-responsive
- (d) Unsuccessful Bidder’s bid guarantee will be discharged or returned as promptly as possible but not later than thirty (30) days after the expiration of the period of Bid Validity.
- (e) The successful Bidder’s Bid guarantee will be discharged or returned upon the Bidder signing the service contract agreement. If the company fails to enter a contract after awarding, the bid guarantee will be inherited.
- (f) The Bid Guarantee may be forfeited:
- If a Bidder withdraws its offer during the period of the Bid Validity or,
- In the case of a successful Bidder, if the Bidder fails to sign the contract,
V. Preparation of Bids:
- a. Language of the Bid: The Bid prepared by the Bidder and all correspondence and documents relating to the Bid exchanged by the Bidder and Light for the World shall be written in the English language.
- b. Bid Currencies/Bid Prices: All prices shall be quoted in Ethiopian Birr. The Bidder shall indicate on the appropriate Price Schedule the unit prices of the services it proposes to supply under the contract.
VI. Submission of Bids:
Format and Signing of Bid: The Bidder shall prepare two copies of the Bid,clearly marking each “Original Bid” and “Copy of Bid” as appropriate. In the event of any discrepancy between them, the original shall govern. The two copies of the Bid shall be typed or written in indelible ink and shall be signed by the Bidder or a person or persons duly authorized. A Bid shall contain no interlineations, erasures, or overwriting except, as necessary to correct errors made by the Bidder, in which case the person or persons signing the bid shall initial such corrections.
a. Sealing and Marking of Bids:
- i. The Bidder shall seal the original and each copy of the Bid in separate envelopes, duly marking the envelopes as “ORIGINAL” and “COPY”.
- ii The envelopes shall then be sealed in an outer envelope.
- ii. The inner and outer envelopes shall be addressed to the Light for the World, Ethiopia Country office at the address given in these solicitation Documents; and
- iii. The inner and outer envelopes shall also indicate the name and address of the Bidder to enable the Bid to be returned unopened in case it is declared “late”.
- iv. If the outer envelope is not sealed and marked as required Light for the World will assume no responsibility for the Bid’s misplacement or premature opening.
b. Deadline for Submission of Bids/Late Bids:
- i. Bids must be delivered to the office on or before August 28, 2020; 3:00 PM
- ii. Light for the World may, at its discretion, extend this deadline for the submission of the bids by amending the Bidding Documents
- iii. Any Bid received by Light for the World after the Deadline for Submission of Bids will be rejected and returned unopened to the Bidder.
- c. Modification and Withdrawal of Bids: The Bidder may withdraw its Bid after submission, provided that written notice of the withdrawal is received by Light for the World Ethiopia office prior to the deadline for submission. No Bid may be modified after passing of the Deadline for Submission of Bids. No Bid may be withdrawn in the interval between the Deadline for Submission of Bids and the expiration of the Period of Bid Validity.
- d. Clarification of Bids: To assist in the examination, evaluation and comparison of Bids Light for the World Ethiopia office may at its discretion ask the Bidder for clarification of its Bid. The request for clarification and the response shall be in writing and no change in price or substance of the Bid shall be sought, offered or permitted. Please use this email to send your written clarification questions via the following email
- email@example.com on or before 20th of August and Light for the World will respond to those questions within 24 hours.
- e. Evaluation of Bids: Determination of compliance with the Solicitation Documents is based on the content of the Bid itself without recourse to extrinsic evidence.
- f. The Service agreement shall be concluded for one year and subject to renewal for further years which the rental Company shall not increase the price for the first one year. Over the year two period price adjustments can be made by mutual agreement.
- g. Light for the World has the discretion to extend, modify or cancel the invitation to the bid if it gets necessary for any cause and at any time before announcement of the winner of the bid.
Our address is:
Africa Avenue, Bedesta Building
5th Floor, room number 502
Tel. +251 (5) 580458, 580707