Liben Farmers' Cooperative Union
2nd Round Consultancy Services Tender
Invitation to bid for professional conultancy service to develop five year strategic plan development liben Farmers cooperative union, Liben Farmers’ Cooperative Union, is organized as per the Ethiopian cooperative proclamation no 147/1991 in the year 2005. The union is established to solve primary cooperatives common social and economic problems that are difficult to solve at individual Primary cooperative level.
The Union is located in the south-west shoa zone Oromia Region in Woliso town which is 114 KM from the capital city of Addis Ababa The union was established by 18 primary cooperatives and with 20,817 individual farmers of and with a starting capital of 180,000 ETB in 2005. The union is working in four districts (Waliso, Goro, Wonci and Ameya).
The union is a service-oriented business organization that is owned, controlled, and managed by its members. The union has been able to achieve a remarkable progress in the last 12 years. The union has been able to increase the total number of its members from 18 to 107 PCs in 2020 and increasing its capital from 180,000.00 to 24.4 million ETB and currently serves 41,589 (Male= 38,166 F=3673) individual farmers. When the union was founded it had only one manager and one accountant each with a diploma. Currently, the union has 55 employees and the educational level ranges from diploma to second degree.
The major crop grow in the area are Wheat, teff, barely, maize, chickpea, pea and bean etc, the union has 60 hectare of land and to solve the seed shortage of the members the union engaged in seed multiplication of Chickpea and have ambition to engaged in Irrigation business. In addition, the union working with different stakeholders like Ambo University, Asela malt factory, Diago etc.
The Union has been serving its cooperative members and the rural farming communities of the 4 districts by providing them with different services such as;-Provision of Agricultural input, supply Consumed and industrial goods, providing output marketing services, Mechanization services, Farmer service centre, supply animal feed and so on with objectives of increasing production and productivity of agriculture and reduction of rural poverty to improve the living standards of the members.
Based on the gaps and needs of the union an action plan has been developed and implemented. The support of Agriterra to Liben Multipurpose Farmers’ cooperative union in achieving its business ambitions is by providing expert advice in business management, supporting training program and optimizing supply chain efficiency.
Agriterra started working with Liben FCU under Farmers fighting poverty II in 2020 and identified during cooperative assessment the union is lacking a comprehensive strategic plan. Currently, to have clear future directions and able to achieve its business ambition in a planned manner, the union aims to develop a five years strategic plan (2021-2025).
- Required documents and Competency of the consulting firm should meet the following points: Renewed business License for the current Ethiopian year, Copy of consultancy service license, Confirmations/Clearance for paying tax obligations Copy of TIN (Tax identification Number), VAT registration certificates Letter of support from other similar organization to whom the strategic plan was developed (for those attaching support letter- Experience with similar study is highly appreciated. N.B there will be validation workshop discussion with draft Strategic plan report.
- Application guidelines:
- Bidders should submit their offers technical and financial proposals, separately as stated in the bid document and must be accompanied by a bid security of 10,000 (ten thousand ETB) in the form of C.P.O or certified Cheque.
- The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the consultancy service can be collected from Agriterria Ethiopia Addis Ababa Wollosefer,infront of Wongelawit Building, Kasma building 6th floor Office Tel. +251114702862/0911993480/0944249371 for the hard copy, softcopy.
- It is prohibited for any bidder to quote a bid price depending on price quoted by any other bidder.
- It is also prohibited for two affiliated consulting companies to bid separately.
- LIBEN MPFCU reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids thereof.
- All bids must be submitted within the next 10 working days, effective after the announcement date of this bid.
- The Biders will pay Fifty Birr for TOR collection. Bank Account of the Union CBE 1000027016719.
- The Bid document will be closed at 10th day of 5:30 pm and opend in on 11th day @2:30 pm in Agriterria Ethiopia Addis Ababa Wollosefer,infront of Wongelawit Building, Kasma building 6th floor Office.
- If there is any change on the opening date of the document Biders will be informed.
- Clarification query can be forwarded to the above listed addresses.