Liben Farmers Cooperative Union
Consultancy SERVICE Tender
Invitation to Bid for professional consultancy service to perform a water resources study to assess the irrigation potential and supervise well drilling for Liben Farmer’s cooperative union. Liben Farmers’ Cooperative Union, is organized as per the Ethiopian cooperative proclamation no 147/1991 in the year 2005. The union is established to solve primary cooperatives’ common social and economic problems that are difficult to solve at the individual Primary cooperative level. The Union is located in the southwest shoa zone Oromia Region in Woliso town which is 114 KM from the capital city of Addis Ababa. The union was established by 18 primary cooperatives and with 20,817 individual farmers of and with a starting capital of 180,000 ETB in 2005. The union is working in four districts (Waliso, Goro, Wonci, and Ameya). The union is a service-oriented business organization that is owned, controlled, and managed by its members. The union has been able to achieve remarkable progress in the last 12 years. The union has been able to increase the total number of its members from 18 to 107 PCs in 2020 and increasing its capital from 180,000.00 to 24.4 million ETB and currently serves 41,589 (Male= 38,166 F=3673) individual farmers. When the union was founded it had only one manager and one accountant each with a diploma. Currently, the union has 55 employees and the educational level ranges from diploma to second degree. The major crop grow in the area are Wheat, teff, barley, maize, chickpea, pea, and bean, etc. the union has 60 hectares of land, and to solve the seed shortage of the members the union engaged in seed multiplication of Chickpea and have the ambition to engage in the Irrigation business. In addition, the union working with different stakeholders like Ambo University, Asela malt factory, Diago etc. The Union has been serving its cooperative members and the rural farming communities of the 4 districts by providing them with different services such as;-Provision of Agricultural input, supply Consumed and industrial goods, providing output marketing services, Mechanization services, Farmer service center, supply animal feed and so on with objectives of increasing production and productivity of agriculture and reduction of rural poverty to improve the living standards of the members. Based on the gaps and needs of the union an action plan has been developed and implemented. The support of Agriterra to Liben Multipurpose Farmers’ cooperative union in achieving its business ambitions is by providing expert advice in business management, supporting training programs and optimizing supply chain efficiency. Agriterra started working with Liben FCU under Farmers fighting poverty II in 2020, Agriterra is supporting Liben FCU in its ambition to implement irrigation on its own 60 HA of land. Currently, to have clear future directions and able to achieve its business ambition in a planned manner, the union aims to identify the groundwater potential of the project area for irrigation purposes and recommend on the feasibility of water source in terms of quantity and quality to develop irrigation system on 60ha of land. Required documents and Competency of the consulting firm should meet the following points:
The consultant should fulfill the following requirement.
- The consultant should have a legal license for consultancy service
- The consultant should have a renewed business license for the current Ethiopian year.
- The consultant should be registered with the Ethiopian tax authority and should produce valid documents including VAT, TIN, tax clearance, and registration certificate. previous working experience with farmers organization, cooperatives, and the union is an advantage.
- Appreciation letters from other similar organizations who received similar advisory services.
- List the name of cooperatives or organizations to whom the service is delivered and their contact address (email, phone #).
- Documented evidence of similar works and references of work.
- The consultant is required to have considerable experience on Hydro-geological studies and should be familiar with the project area.
- The firm should have conducted at least three similar studies. This shall be supported by official letters from contracting organizations (clients).
- Professional composition of study team should include:
- One hydrogeologist with qualification BSc or above in geology and hydrogeology having at least 10(ten) years of experience in water resources potential study and drilling contract administration and supervision.
- One Irrigation / hydraulic/ Water Resource Engineer, BSC and above in irrigation Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering / Water Resources Engineering / Civil Engineering with more than 10 (ten) years of experience
- Copies of credentials and experience letters and certificates should be included in the Technical proposal.
N.B there will be a validation workshop discussion with a draft Hydro-geological study report.
Bidders should submit their offers technical and financial proposals, separately as stated in the bld document, and must be accompanied by a bid security of 10,000 (ten thousand ETB) in the form of C.P.O or Certified Cheque.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the consultancy service can be collected from LIBEN MULTIPURPOSE FARMERS COOPERATIVE UNION, Office found in Woliso Town Mob. +251911-993-480 for the hard copy, softcopy, or by sending a requesting email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is prohibited for any bidder to quote a bid price depending on the price quoted by any other bidder.
It is also prohibited for two affiliated consulting companies to bid separately.
LIBEN MPFCU reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids thereof.
All bids must be submitted within the next 10 working days, effective after the announcement date of this bid. The bidders will pay 50.00 (Fifty) Birr for TOR collection. Bank Account of the Union CBE 1000027016719.
The Bid document will be closed on the 10th day of 5:30 pm and opend in on 11th day @2:30 pm in Waliso town union office. If there is any change on the opening date of the document bidders will be informed.
Clarification query can be forwarded to the above-listed addresses