INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING (ICB)
Procurement Reference number JKU/Con/001/13
1. Jinka University has allocated sufficient funds required for the procurement of Construction Works of Auditorium Building Project at Jinka University.
2. Jinka University invites sealed bids from eligible Category of GC/BC CAT I and above Auditorium Building Project at Jinka University.
3. Interested bidders shall submit the following evidence;
A. In the case of Ethiopian bidders,
Certificate of Registration from Ministry of Construction with For Domestic Bidder issued by Ministry of Construction GC/BC CAT I which shall include:
- Valid Trade license renewed for 2013 E.C,
- VAT registration certificate,
- Taxpayer registration certificate,
- Tax clearance certificate which states its eligibility to
- participate in public tenders and valid before the deadline for submission of the bid,
- Certificate of Registration from Ministry of Urban Development, Housing and Construction with Category GC-1 or BC-1 renewed for 2013 EFY,
- Registration in Suppliers list from public procurement and property Administration Agency’s Website.
B. In case of bidders other than Ethiopians;
A bidder must submit the following appropriate documents authenticated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and/or DARA.
- Valid Trade license issued by the country of Establishment for the year 2020/21,
- Business organization certificate of registration, equivalent to GC-1/BC-1,
- Certificate of incorporation,
- Memorandum and article of association,
- Tax Clearance certificate issued from the Tax Authority (Inland Revenue Authority) which allows the bidder to participate in public tenders at the date of the deadline for bid submission if the foreigner, bidder already has ongoing or completed project in Ethiopia.
All the documents shall be signed by the authorized personnel or legal representative and be stamped.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures and is open to all eligible bidders as specified and defined in the Bidding Document.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the JKU Procurement Directorate at JKU DHB Building first floor and Addis Ababa liaison office of Jinka University, located at Shiro meda in front of American Embassy, can inspect from 8:30 A. M. to 12:30 P. M. and 1:30 P. M. to 5:30 P. M. From Monday to Thursday and 8:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. and 1:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. on Fridays;
6. A complete set of bidding document prepared in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application and in. furnishing eligible document indicated in address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of Birr 2000.00 (Two Thousands) birr effective as of this invitation notice is published on the Ethiopian Herald Newspaper. Though an account number of Jinka University 1000241842499 through Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below on the 36th day before 10:00 A.M. at office hours counted from the bid announcement date at Jinka University-Main Campus, on Registrar Building on the fourth floor where bid documents are opened.
8. All bids must be accompanied by Bid security of Ethiopian Birr 500,000.00 (Five Hundred thousand birr only) with a CPO or Unconditional Bank guarantee. Payable at first demand.
9. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders or their representatives who choose to attend at 10:30 A.M. at Jinka University
10. For contractors:- Bidders shall submit one original and two copies of technical documents in such a way that the original and each copy of the technical document after being sealed separately shall be placed in a single wax-sealed envelope market as “technical document”.
The financial offer document shall also be produced in the same manner as the technical document and shall be placed in a single wax-sealed envelope marked as “financial offer document”. Finally, both documents shall be placed in one outer mother envelope, every envelop should be wax sealed, signed, and stamped properly.
11. Bidding Document (SBD) must be returned with other tender documents. Failure to do so will result in automatic rejection from the tender.
12. Jinka University reserves the right to accept any or reject any or all bids.
Jinka University Procurement Directorate •
Tel:- +251-09-26-48-17-19 or 0916475050
P.O.Box:-165 Address: – Jinka, Ethiopia