Jimma City Administration
Invitation for Bid
Procurement for the Contraction of Urban Infrastructure in the City The federal democratic republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of urban institutional and infrastructure development projects (UIIDP). It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for the
- A. Awetu river channelization from Negaso Bridge to Becho bridge: Package Jimma/UIIDP/W-10/ 2013
- B. Awetu river channelization from Becho Bridge Bridge to Bishishe bridge: Package number Jimma/UIIDP/W-11/2013
- The City Administration now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the provision and construction of projects listed above
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open national tendering procedures contained in the Public Procurement Proclamation of the Federal Government of Ethiopia and is open to all eligible GC/WWC/RC bidders of category IV (4)/111(3)/111(3) respectively & above. they are required to submit a business license renewed for the current year (2013), VAT registration certificate, and taxpayer registration certificate (TIN) from a legally authorized body to do so.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents during official working hours at the address below. Bidders (contractors), following another procurement procedure, who made past contractual obligations with Jimma City Administration and have project(s) on hand whose current outstanding performance is less than 70% are not eligible to participate in this bid.
- Bidders who apply for more than one project from the Jimma City Administration under invitation at the same time shall submit their bid separately for each project they are interested to apply for. However, a bidder may be considered on the projects under invitations subjected to fulfilling of the aggregate of Qualification Criteria for individual and multiple projects specified in the respective bidding documents. If not the client is subject to consider only the preceding bid based on the date of invitation or the date & time of bid Opening
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased as of the 1st-day announcement on this newspaper by interested bidders on the submission of a written application (request) accompanied by copies of renewed business license, competency registration certificate, other necessary documents, and certificates to the address set forth below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Ethiopian Birr 500(five hundred) during official working hours.
- The bid must be delivered on or before 21 working days from1st day announcement during working hours to the address below and on the 21st working day no later than 3:00 P.M and must be accompanied by a bid security of Ethiopian birr 150,000.00(One hundred fifty thousand Birr ), the bidder’s option, be in the form of CPO (certified cheque) or unconditional bank guarantee issued by a domestic bank in the name of Jimma city Administration. The bid security in the form of an unconditional bank guarantee shall be submitted using the Bid Security Form included in Section 4, Bidding Forms of Bidding Document. Late bids after bid submission due date and time shall be rejected/ returned unopened. Technical document & Bid bond will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below on the 21st working day of the first-day announcement at 3:30. P.M. If that day is not a working day, it will be at the same time and place on the next working day. Prospective qualified (responsive) bidders will be notified of the date of financial opening and a public reading of bid prices.
- The employer reserves the right to reject all or parts of the bid.
Jimma City Finance and Economic DevelopmentJimma city Administration yard, Finance and Economic Development Building, Ground Floor bid opening hall
Tel. No. 047 111 9737/047 111 70 83/047 111 70 49
Jimma City Administration