Jigjiga City Administration
Invitation to Bid
The Ministry of Urban Development & Housing, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, with support from the World Bank and the Agence Francaise de Development (AFD is implementing the Urban Institutional and Infrastructure Development Program (UIIDP). The UIIDP will provide Performance Grants (PGs) for investments in infrastructure, services and in capacity building to enhance the institutional and organizational performance of participating Urban Local Government in developing and sustaining Urban Infrastructure and services portion of this Grants has been allocated for Jigjiga City Administration towards the cost for infrastructure construction works and capacity building. Procurement of bellow mention construction works are CIP projects of the city.
1. Jigjiga City Administration invites sealed bidder from eligible bidders for furnishing the necessary labor, materials, equipment and service for the construction and completion of the following urban infrastructure construction
- Lot:-2 Construction of 1km Gravel road with drainage , Package number JJ/UIIDP/CW/003/20/21
- Lot:-1 One Biddies bridge Construction, package number JJ/CIP/CW/004/20/21
- Lot:-1 Construction of 2 km Water new line installation, package number JJ/CIP/CW/005/20/21
- Lot:-1 Drilling of 5 boar hall, package number JJ/CIP/CW/006/20/21
- Lot:-1 Construction of 1 one-stop center, package number JJ/CIP/CW/007/20/21
- Lot:-1 Construction of fence for Dulqabow center, package number JJ/CIP/CW/008/20/21
- Lot:-1 Ayar Daga Health Center Expansion (one), package number JJ/CIP/CW/009/20/21.
- Lot:-1 Construction of 1 Health post (Arada Madow), package number JJ/CIP/CW/010/20/21
- Lot:-1 Fence Construction of 322 ml Hussein Giree school, package number JJ/CIP/CW/011/20/21
- Lot:-1 126 ml Wire fence construction for Qordere school, package number JJ/CIP/CW/013/20/21
- Lot:-1 126 ml Fence Construction for Sh/ Mussa school, package number JJ/CIP/CW/014/20/21
- Lot:-1 Construction of 5 (five) Kebele 15 school, package number JJ/ CIP/CW/015/20/21
- Lot;-1 Construction of 100 m3 curve stone and fence for road, package number JJ/CIP/CW/016/20/21
- Lot:-1 Construction of 3000 m2 Greenery of Ayardaga asphalt road, package number JJ/CIP/CW/017/20/21
- Lot:-1 4000 m2 Central greenery fence Construction, package number JJ/CIP/CW/018/20/21
- Lot:-1 500 m3 Water shade Construction, package number JJ/CIP/CW/019/20/21
- Lot:-1 Construction of Guest House 1 (one), package number JJ/CIP/CW/020/20/21
- Lot:-2 Construction of 5 (five) Kebele Office Construction, package number JJ/CIP/CW/020/20/21
- Lot:-3 Construction of 1 (one) meeting Hall for JCA, package number JJ/CIP/CW/020/20/21
- Lot:-1 Construction of 2 (Two) Mini Stadium, package number JJ/CIP/CW/021/20/21
- Lot:-1 Abattoir expansion, package number JJ/CIP/CW/022/20/21
1 The tender will remain floating for 30 calendar days starting from the date advertised on the Ethiopian Herald.
2 Jigjiga City Administration invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction of those projects site work:-New Taiwan gravel road, Biddies bridge, new line installation ,Drilling of boar hall, One Stop center, construction of fence of Dulqabow, Ayar Daga health center, Health post , fence of Hussein Giree, Wire fence, fence of Sh/Mussa school, Kebele 15 School, curve stone and fence, central greenery, Water shade, Guest House, Kebele office, Meeting hall, mini stadium and abattoir construction is completed within 269 calendar days.
3 Bids will be conducted in accordance with the operational tendering procedures contained in the public procurement proclamation of the federal government of Ethiopia and is open to all eligible bidders who have Tax payer registration certificate, VAT registered at the same time renewed license for 2013 EFY
4.A complete set of bidding documents prepared in English language may be purchased by interested bidders on submission of a written application to the bidders below and upon payment of non-refundable fee of birr 300 (three hundred birr only) of payment will be in cash. During working hours (8:00 am -12:00 am, in the morning and 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm in the afternoon )
5.Bidders should submit separate technical and financial proposals enclosed in a wax sealed envelope clearly marked the projects title and must be delivered to the address Jigjiga City Administration Office of Finance and Economic Development, Procurement Department Room No.2 at the 30th day as of the bid is advertised on the Ethiopian Herald Newspaper at 9:00 AM in the morning.
NB; if the bid opening ceremony date is not a working day, the bid opening date will be next working day.
6 All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of birr 20,000 (twenty thousand) for all lots in the form of certified cheque (CPO) issued by a recognized Bank.
7 The bid opening ceremony will take place at jigjiga City Administration Office of Finance and Economic Development, Procurement Department Room No.2. Late bids will he rejected. Qualification information and bid security of the bidders will be opened in the presence of bidders/representatives who choose to attend at the address above on the final bid submission date and time for lots as stated above.
8 Jigjiga city Administration reserves the right to accept or reject all or part of the bid
9 Address from where the bidders may obtain further information and documents may be inspected at
SRS -Jigjiga City Administration Office of Finance and Economic Development
Back of UNHCR Guest House