Justice For All-Prison Fellowship Ethiopia (JFA-PFE)
JUSTICE FOR ALL – PRISON FELLOWSHIP ETHIOPIA (JFA-PFE)
INVITATION FOR BID
Justice for All – Prison Fellowship Ethiopia (JFA-PFE) is a local nongovernmental organization that has been actively engaged with promotion and protection of human rights since 1992. Its major pillars of intervention are: a) capacity building trainings with special focus on the Justice Sector; b) advocacy & policy dialogue; c) holistic support to prisoners; d) peace building and conflict management; e) women and children rights, and f) others including Advocacy on freedom of expression (media law), anti-terrorism and CSO laws.
I. DEVELOPMENT OF A STRATEGIC PLAN
JFA-PFE had developed a five year Strategic Plan (2016-2020). Since the existing strategic plan elapses by the end of this year, JFA-PFE wants to formulate a five year strategic plan (2021-2025).
To that end, JFA-PFE would like to recruit an experienced and reliable consultancy firm to facilitate the development of its newa Strategic Plan. See the terms of reference (TOR) for details.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
To facilitate the development of a comprehensive fiveyear strategic plan for the period of 2021-2025.
THE SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
- To conduct a comprehensive internal and external environment scanning;
- To review the organization’s vision, mission and core values and ensure the alignment of the strategic plan accordingly;
- To position JFA-PFE in the wider environment and determineits best future and how to strategically achieve it:
- To identify what changes JFA-PFE has to make in all what it does in order to become a high performing organization;
- To identify relevant program components to realize the strategic priorities and develop concrete activity/program plans:
- To outline general principles of program and administration, provision for review of the SP and generally indicate how the implementation of the SP is going to be monitored and evaluated.
- Proven professional experience in Strategic Plan development;
- Proven professional experience in human rights, law, democracy, justice, peace building and conflict transformation, women and children’s right, and related fields;
- Excellent English writing skills.
II. 2. DEVELOPMENT OF A YEARBOOK
- Develop a 2019 yearbook for the JFA-PFE program interventions through analyzing activity accomplishments reports of the organization;
- Develop a 2019 yearbook for the JFA-PFE program interventions that communicates progress of the initiative
- Develop a 2019 yearbook for JFA-PFE that portrays the organizations efforts & support in filling the gap of justice sector institutions towards the countries justice reform program.
SCOPE OF WORK AND SPECIFIC TASKS:
The following scope of work is envisaged for successful completion of the assignment:
- Review all documents and materials (JFA-PFE reports, Strategic Plan, implementation reports, photos, videos etc) in order to understand the initiative and interventions.
- A description of conducted activities on capacity building for the legislative, the executive and judicial arms of the government.
- Improvements seen in JFA-PFE program interventions and sustainable development.
- Highlights of possible future prospects for scaling up benefits of Rights Protection for quality of justice.
- Consult with JFA-PFE program staff to define the content and structure of the yearbook.
- Production of the first draft for review by JFA-PFE.
- Work in collaboration with JFA-PFE’s Consultants and incorporate their comments into the 2019 edition of the yearbook.
- Finalization of the yearbook through incorporation of feedback from Staff and concerned stakeholders.
The detailed work is presented in the Terms of Reference (ToR):
The script proposal of the contractor will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience and competency in conducting similar assignments;
- Minimum of three years of working experience in development of publications;
- Clear articulation of capacity and skill, and innovative approaches to carry out the assignment;
- Proven capacity to deliver quality and timely services
- Clear work plan and articulation of expected methodologies and outputs.
3. Support for the implementation of International Public Sector Financial Reporting Standard (IPSAS)
In line with the adoption International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and International Standards on Auditing (ISA) by the Ethiopian Government through the Financial Reporting Proclamation No. 847/2014, it has become mandatory for JFA-PFE to adopt IPSAS to meet its financial reporting requirement.
JFA-PFE has been preparing its financial statement based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) with modified Cash Basis approach. In order to meet the revised reporting requirement using IPSAS, the organization is looking for a consulting firm for the provision of on-job training of its finance staff on IPSAS as well as conversion to IPSAS based on the decision of the organization.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The assignment will have the following objectives:
- a. Provision of on-job training on IPSAS standard for JFA-PFE Finance staff.
- b. Support implementation of accrual basis of IPSAS in preparing quarterly reports and annual financial statements.
- c. Support on the implementation/conversion of IPSAS to our organization.
- d. Support in valuation of asset.
- e. Update existing manual in line with IPSAS standards.
- a. Late or incomplete bids will not be accepted.
- b. Bidders must comply with the specifications/requirements. Selection will be based on best value and technical competency.
- c. JFA-PFE may reject any or all responses received.
- d. Issuance of request for quotes does not constitute award/ contract commitment by JFA-PFE.
- e. JFA-PFE reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on bidder failure to follow solicitation instructions.
- f. JFA-PFE reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition.
- g. JFA-PFE has the right to cancel the bid (in whole or in part), or change the consultancy assignment, for the interest of JFA-PFE and/or its Donors.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified consulting firms can collect the TOR from the Head Office of JFA-PFE by paying nonrefundable birr 100.00 (One Hundred Birr) for each TOR and submit Technical and Financial proposals in separate and sealed envelopes within 15 working days of this announcement. The TOR can be collected from JFA-PFE Office, Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 12:00 noon in the morning and from 01:30pm to 04:00pm in the afternoon.
Justice for All-PF Ethiopia,
Kirkos Sub city, Woreda 02, Belihu Building House No 520
On the way from Dembel to Meskel Flower Road, (Beside Arsho Medical Laboratories)
Tel: +251 114700489 / +251911685984 /