International Development Enterprises
International Development Enterprises
International Development Enterprises (IDE) (www.ideglobal.org/) a 501(c)non-profit, international development the organization, headquartered in the USA(Colorado), has been transforming the lives of marginalized communities around the world through creating sustainable income and livelihood opportunities for rural families for the past 38 years. IDE has been registered & licensed by Charities & Societies Agency in 2007 with certificate no. 0696 and re-registered by Agency for Civil Society Organization on May 16, 2019. iDE’s mission is to create income & livelihood opportunities for poor rural households.
IDE is currently looking for an eligible Audit Firm to audit the organization’s accounts for the year 2020 with the possibility of extension for the other subsequent two years.
Objective of the Audit Work:
The objective of the audit of International Development Enterprise’s (iDE’s) financial statements are: –
- To enable the auditors to express an independent professional opinion on the financial position of IDE and to ensure that the funds utilized to iDE’s activities have been used for their intended purposes for the year ended December 31, 2020.
- To help that the books of accounts of DE provide the basis for the preparation of iDE’s Financial Statements.
- To prepare books of accounts as required by law that have been maintained by IDE and also maintain adequate internal controls and supporting documentation for the transactions.
Scope of the Audit
- The audit will be carried out in accordance with the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) & International Auditing Standards and will include tests and verification procedures as the auditors deem necessary.
- Verify all funds have been used in accordance with the established rules and regulations of IDE and only for the purposes for which the funds were provided.
- Appropriate supporting documents, records and books of accounts relating to all activities have been kept.
- The financial statements have been prepared by iDE management in accordance with applicable International Public sector accounting standards (IPSAS) and give a true and fair view of the financial position of iDE and of its receipts and expenditures for the period ended December 31, 2020.
- Express an opinion as to reasonableness of the financial statements in all material respects and compliance with procedures designed to provide reasonable assurance of detecting misstatements due to errors or fraud.
- Conduct entry and exit meeting with the management of iDE.
- In addition to the audit report, the auditors are expected to issue a Management Letter that will come to the attention of the management any matters that the auditors consider relevant.
- Draft reports for the management’s review must be submitted by 15th March, 2021.
- The audit report, in its final form and including the Management Letter shall be completed on or before 26th March, 2021.
- The Auditors after receiving feedback on the draft report, will submit 4 (four), original copies of the Audit Report that comprised all Financial Statements which comply with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) requirements.
- The Auditors are required to submit Management letter in accordance with the scope of work described here before.
Required Qualification, Experience and documentations of the Auditing firm
- The Audit firm must be legally registered by the concerned body including Civil Societies Agency and Accounting and Audit Board of Ethiopia
- The Audit firm must have a business license and professional license
- The Audit firm must provide renewed business license, TIN and VAT certificate
- The Audit firm must provide evidence of tax paid for the year
- The audit firm must provide a well-organized profile consisting of audit experience in general and experience of auditing INGO accounts in particular, staff composition, time frame and other useful information.
- The Audit firm must provide well-proven experience of auditing accounts of giant donors (eg. EU, USAID, etc)
- The audit firm must provide evidence for successfully the accomplishment of the audit work in accordance with the new standard (IPSAS).
Audit Fees: The audit fees will be fixed through a competitive bidding process.
Application closing date: Ten (10) calendar days from the first date of the announcement.
Interested Audit Firms are expected to submit their technical and financial proposals in a separate sealed envelope on or before the closing date of the announcement to the following address:
International Development Enterprise(IDE)
P.O.BOX 7892 ADDIS ABABA
Office Location:Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 08,House No:429, Kera Bulgaria Mazoria Opposite to Dashen Bank,tel+251 1146729 06/7/8