Public Enterprises Holdings and Administration Agency
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING For
SELECTION OF A CONSULTING FIRM Expressions of Interest
Program: TA Program to Support Economic Reforms in Ethiopia (CET1083)
- Employer: The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia- Public Enterprises Holding and Administration Agency (PEHAA)
- Bid Reference No: PEHAA/TCB/C/002/2020
- Assignment Title: Capacity Building Program at PEHAA and Ethiopian State-Owned Enterprises
- Opening Date for Auction: December 27, 2020
- Auction Closing Date: January 29, 2021
The Public Enterprises Holding and Administration Agency (PEHAA, hereafter the Agency) has received a grant from Agence Française de Développement (“AFD”) and intends to use part of the funds thereof for payments under the following project: Procurement of Consultancy Services for the Capacity Development Program at PEHAA and Ethiopian State-Owned Enterprises
A preliminary skills gap and training need assessment suggest that capacity-building programs are required to execute sector-based and shareholding functions for each SOE (e.g., investment policy, enterprise risk management, strategic business leadership, performance management, and board selection), lead cross-cutting initiatives through designing guidelines and monitoring implementation (e.g., business communication, transformation, governance, and change management) and operations (including finance, HR, public relations, IT, IFRS, and project management).
To this effect, the overall project objective is to build the overall capacity of the staff of the Agency, the SoEs, and their Board members on selected training topics/themes. A preliminary version, subject to modification, of a training plan will be provided to shortlisted consultants.
The corresponding tasks of the consultant (the Services) to achieve the aforementioned project objective will typically include completing, at least, the following sub-tasks:
- Task 1: An inception report including a work plan, detailed methodology, and training format
- Task 2: Develop training material for each training courses delivered
- Task 3: Deliver training and other capacity-building activities on selected topics
- Task 4: Conduct and produce an in-between training evaluation report
- Task 5: Produce a high-quality impact evaluation report of the capacity building program
Note! Other tasks not presented here may be included in the Request for Proposals transmitted to the shortlisted consultants.
The FDRE-PEHAA now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. All forms/required documents needed for submitting the Expression of Interest are available on the websites at https://tenders-afd.dgmarket.com/
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by mail, or by e-mail, or by fax, on or before 3:00 pm Addis Ababa time on or before January 29, 2021, preferably by e-mail.
- FDRE, Public Enterprises Holding and Administration Agency
- Attention: Procurement & Finance Directorate
- Gerji, In front of former Imperial Hotel, Room No 003 P.O.Box: 27444-1000(11835)
- Telephone: +251 116 60 93 31/0912040865/0911859839/0944338236
- Fax: +251-116619734
- E-mail: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- Contact person Shewangizaw Wessene (Focal point) and Mr. Tewodros Tegegne (Transformation and Capacity Building Directorate Director)
- Interested Applicants may obtain further information at the above address during office hours between 8:30 am to 4:00 Pm.