Hawassa City Administration
NOTICE OF INVITATION FOR BID
Hawassa city administration invites sealed bids all registered eligible bidders of contractors BC- 1 or GC-1 for the construction works of “Shafeta monument” including fountain at Hawassa.
- The bidders shall have a certificate of registration with Category BC-1 or GC-1 and above renewed for 2012 E.C and other appropriate documentary evidences demonstrating the bidder s comLpliance which shall include: All relevant licenses renewed for 2012 E.C Tax clearance certificate valid at least at bid submission date that permits the bidder toparticipate in any public tender VAT and TIN registration certificate. A complete set of the bidding documents may be purchased by interested, eligible Bidders From
- Hawassa City Administration Finance and Economic Department First Floor office No.02 upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 500.00 (Five Hundred birr), starting from the first insertion of this advertisement on the Ethiopian Herald.
- Interested bidders shall come up with a written application and the copy of eligibility documents stated in item no (1) for validation and the copy is to he submitted during purchase.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on 21st calendar day after announced in the Ethiopian Herald news up to 2:00 p.m. If the 21st calendar day lies on Ethiopian holidays, the last date of bid submission will be the next working day at 2:00 P.M in the afternoon. Electronic bids will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
- All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of ETB 500,000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand Birr) which is valid or 120 plus. 28 calendar days starting from bid opening.
- The Bid security shall be payable on demand to the employer and must be Unconditional Bank Guarantee.
- The bid security to be submitted by a bidder shall carefully- address the Employer s name & the validity of the bid security. Failure of stating any of which would cause rejection from the bid.
- Requirements on the technical (qualification) documents are stated on the bid document. Any Indication of financial information over the technical document of a bidder would entail disqualification of the bid document.
- Submittal of any forged technical document by a bidder, if proven, would entail serious criminal accountability on top of forfeiture of the bid security and disqualification from the bid process.
- Technical and Financial document shall be prepared in an original and two copies in a properly signed, stamped & separately wax-sealed envelopes, clearly marking “Original”, “Copy 1” & “Copy 2″ Technical Proposal, and Financial Proposal.
- The contractor shall give sequential page number properly for each of its submitted technical documents. Failure of which would entail a deduction of 5 points from the total technical points (scores) of the bidder.
- Copies of the technical documents to be submitted by a bidder need to be sufficiently visible. Any vague or invisible copy of a technical document submitted would not be taken into consideration during the technical evaluation process.
- Submission of lawful Supportive documents for good reputation /past work performances/, from previous employers, along with the technical documents is very helpful for the technical evaluation.
- All the technical & Financial Documents need to be ultimately put all together into one bigger outer envelope.
- Late bids will be rejected. The sealed envelopes containing an original and a copy of Financial and Technical offer documents along with the bid security as indicated in the bidding documents must be hand delivered to the address below on the last submission date at or before 12:00am.
- Bids and Bid security of the bidders will be opened in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend the bid opening at Hawassa City Administration Finance and Economic Department Ground Floor Room No 10. on the last submission date at 2:30 p.m.
- The City Administration reserves the right to reject any all bids. Public Body: Hawassa City Administration urban development Department
New City Admin. Blg. Second floor room No.5 Street Address: W/amanuel Square
Telephone:+251-46-822-71- 35 Facsimile: +251-46-220-85-33
Hawassa City Administration Finance And Economic Development Department