Habesha Cement S.C
INVITATION FOR BIDS
1.Habesha Cement Share Company has allocated budget towards the cost of Partial Internal Road and Parking Area Pavement works and Construction Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to eligible payments for this Contract.
2.Internal Road and Parking Area Pavement work Construction Project, Contract 1: Habesha Cement Share Company is located in Oromia Regional State, in west shewa Zone, Welmera wereda 8 kilometers from Holeta town.
The work under this Contract consists of the construction of Lot 1, 2km length of road with Hot Mix Asphalt Concrete Surfacing including all related drainage structures and other road ancillary works, Lot 2 52,500-meter square Hot Mix Asphalt Concrete Surfacing parking area around packing & loading bay, Lot 3, 16,900-meter square raw material hopper area leveling with granular material fill and compaction works construction projects.
The road shall be constructed to ERA DS-5 as per 2002 or DC4 as per 2013 standard 80mm thick Hot Mix Asphalt Concrete paved carriageway.
3. Habesha Cement Share Company now invites bidders to submit sealed bids for providing the necessary labor, material, and equipment for the construction of the road and parking area project. A detailed qualification criterion is stated in the bidding document.
4. Interested bidders shall submit the following evidence;
(a) In case of Ethiopian bidders, Certificate of Registration from Ministry of Works and Urban Development with Category GC-1 or RC-1 renewed for 2012 EFY and other appropriate documentary evidence demonstrating the bidder’s compliance, which shall include:-
- i.Trading License renewed for 2012 EFY; and
- ii. Its Tax Clearance Certificate which states that the bidder is eligible to participate in any public tender and valid at least at the deadline for submission of the bids, and VAT Registration Certificate
(b) In case of bidders other than Ethiopians; business organization registration certificate or Trade License issued by the country of establishment
5. Bidding will be conducted through the international competitive bidding procedures specified in the Bidding Documents, and are open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in Section XIV of the Bidding Documents.
6. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below between 8:30 am to 12:30 am and 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm from Monday to Thursday and 8:30 am to 11:30 am and 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm on Friday local time. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of ETB 850.0. The method of payment will be by direct deposit against in Cash.
7. Bids shall be submitted in two separate envelopes, “Qualification Information and Bid Security” in one envelope and “Financial Bid” separately in another envelope, and should be sealed in an outer envelope.
8. Evaluation is to be carried out in two stages, Qualification information first and Financial Bids of qualified bidders next.
9. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before the 21st day after the tender is floated.
10. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of ETB Birr 200,000 (ETB Two Hundred Thousand) in local currency or in an equivalent amount in freely convertible currency. Late bids will be rejected. Qualification information and Bid security of the bidders will be opened in the presence of bidders/representatives who choose to attend on (the time of opening of the bid is indicated in the bid datasheet of the bidding document) at the office of.
Habesha Cement Share Company
Ethio- China Friendly Street
Kasma Building 8th Floor
P. O. Box 3317
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
11. Habesha Cement Share Company reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.