Invitation to Bid
Reference No. 83369882
Comprehensive Tender document: awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/Tender-Documents-83369882.pdf”>http://awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/Tender-Documents-83369882.pdf
GIZ – Special Initiative Agro processing Project would like to invite all interested bidders/consulting firms who are eligible to participate in this open tender, are herewith requested to submit their proposals “Provide Legal Advice on Corporate Law to Project Management and Beneficiaries”.
Interested bidders who fulfill the following criteria can request the bid document via an email address email@example.com starting from Monday, 23rd of November 2020, 8:30am.
The contractor is responsible for providing the following services:
• Support the GIZ SI Agro processing team and its beneficiaries with legal background information in relation to project activities and give relevant advice regarding legal questions and matters throughout the implementation phase.
• Provide support with regulatory processes and assist in administering and obtaining legal documents on request.
• Prepare necessary legal documentation on request by the project team according to the specifics of the situation.
The contractor is expected to:
• work in close cooperation with the local GIZ during the contract period.
• discuss all decisions with respect to this assignment with GIZ and the beneficiaries.
• Advise GIZ SI Agro processing and its partners and beneficiaries on the findings and advise how legal problems and matters can be best dealt with within the shortest possible time.
• Provide GIZ with all needed legal documentation and reports according to the situation without delay.
As the contract will depend highly on the specifics of each case, no prior milestones or deadlines are set. However, tight deadlines or last-minute consulting are not to be excluded.
Period of assignment:
From: December 2020 until October 2022. (up to 120 days)
4.1 Long term expert
Qualifications of Expert
– Education/training: master’s degree in Corporate or Business Law, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Auditing and Control, Political Science that includes relevant legal training, or similar subject.
– Language: Fluency in English and Amharic;
– General professional experience: at least 10 years of experience in the field of legal consultancy or business experience in a legal or administrative role.
– Specific professional experience: at least 5 years in Ethiopian corporate law; experience with international Trade law is an asset.
– Regional experience: Experience with legal consultation in Ethiopia.
– Development Cooperation (DC) experience: Prior experience with DC will be considered an asset.
4.2 Short-term expert pool
The consultant may, in agreement with the project manager of the Special Initiative, agree to involve other legal experts on a case by case basis. The agreement shall be in writing and shall contain a reasoning why additional experts are necessary in the specific case.
Qualifications of the short-term expert pool
– Education/training: A master’s degree in Corporate or Business Law, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Auditing and Control, Political Science that includes relevant legal training, or similar subject.
– Language: All experts with language proficiency in Amharic and English (C1)
– General professional experience: at least 5 years of experience in the field of legal consultancy or business experience in a legal or administrative role.
– Specific professional experience: at least 5 years specific experience corporate law in Ethiopia.
– Regional experience: Experience with legal consulting in Ethiopia
How to Apply:
• All bids must be delivered/submitted physically to the address below at or before 4:00 PM on Friday, 4th of December 2020.
• Bidders should submit their Technical and Financial Proposals as per the issued tender document.
• The financial offer should list the daily fees charged for this contract. The technical offer should include the approach taken by the consulting firm and showcase its previous work in the areas listed above.
• GIZ–Special Initiative Agro processing Project reserves the right to cancel the bid fully or partially.
The address referred above to submit your Technical and Financial Offers is:
German Development Cooperation
Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 18, Beside Jupiter Hotel,
Kazanchis, Bloom Tower 9th Floor,
P.O.Box 100009 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia