GIZ Office Addis Ababa
Invitation to Bid
Reference No. 83366284
GIZ – Natural Resources Stewardship Programme would like to invite all interested bidders/consulting firms who are eligible to participate in this open tender, are herewith requested to submit their proposals “To Conduct Baseline Assessment of Plastic Consumption in Bole and Addis Ketema Sub Cities of Addis Ababa”.
Interested bidders who fulfill the following criteria can request the bid document via an email address firstname.lastname@example.org starting from Monday, 16th of November 2020, 8:30 am.
The contractor is responsible to conduct the Baseline assessment of Plastic Consumption in Bole and Addis Ketema Sub-Cities, that should address the below-listed points:
- Representative average per capita waste of residents in Addis Ketema and Bole SC, divided into lower, middle- and upper-class categories (as defined by Ethiopian legislation), through first-hand data.
- This includes the average make-up of the waste – organic, metal, plastics (PET, HDPE, LDPE, PP, PS, PVC, other).
- List of main stakeholders in Addis Ketema and Bole Sub-Cities
- Generator side (importers, producers of plastic)
i. First-hand data on behavior of the 10 biggest generators (do they use recycled material – where do they source from, if not, why not, what should change for them to integrate non-virgin materials in their business)
- User side (companies using plastic for their end products)
i. First-hand data on behavior of the 10 biggest users (do they use non-virgin material in their business – where do they source from, if not, why not, what should change for them to integrate non-virgin materials in their business)
- Recycling, processing side
i. First-hand data on behavior of the 10 biggest recyclers/processors (where do they source their materials from, can they source enough, whom do they sell to)
- Public institutions involved in the waste value chain
- Determining hotspots of plastic littering in Addis Ketema and Bole Sub-Cities
- Determine why these are hotspots,
- Whether plastic is collected from the areas and how much of the generated plastic waste (PET, HDPE, LDPE, PP, PS, PVC, other) is recycled?
- Mapping of current practices and challenges along the whole value chain
- Challenges faced by the generators
- Challenges faced by users
- Challenges faced by Government institutions responsible for keeping the city clean
- Challenges faced by the collectors/processors / recyclers
- Opportunities available to the above groups
- Existing policies and guiding frameworks in the sector (policy gaps if any and recommendations)
- Impact of various types of plastic wastes on the environment, natural resources, and the health of the people.
- Linking private sector, public sector and communities
- Propose systemic changes and its feasibility and sustainability
i. Benefits of reward and punishment system in the context of Addis Ketema and Bole Sub-Cities
ii. Technology solutions (app-based plastic collection)
iii. Feasibility, sustainability and willingness among supposed users (residents, collectors)
- Long-term vision for self-sufficient plastic value chains in Addis Ababa
- What is needed from which stakeholders?
- Including at least SWMA and the biggest users, collectors, processors, recyclers and residents
- Capacity building
- Behavior changes
- Financial requirements and possible funding mechanisms
- Enforcement of existing policies
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW TO GET DETAILS
- awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/1-ToR-Baseline-Assessment.pdf”>https://awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/1-ToR-Baseline-Assessment.pdf
- awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/3-Bid-Sheet-Template.pdf”>https://awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/3-Bid-Sheet-Template.pdf
- awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/4.1-General-Principles-and-obligations-13-LOCAL.pdf”>https://awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/4.1-General-Principles-and-obligations-13-LOCAL.pdf
- awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/Invitation-Letter-83368436.pdf”>https://awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/Invitation-Letter-83368436.pdf
- awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/Evaluation-Grid-Baseline-Assessment-notes.pdf”>https://awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/Evaluation-Grid-Baseline-Assessment-notes.pdf
- awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/Assessment-CVPrice.pdf”>https://awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/Assessment-CVPrice.pdf
- awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/Assessment-CV-ConceptPrice.pdf”>https://awashtenders.com /images/downloads/GIZ/Assessment-CV-ConceptPrice.pdf
The consulting firm should have the following qualifications:
- Education: Master’s degree in sociology, ecology, political science, environmental economics or any other relevant field.
- Professional experience: 6 years’ experience in conducting baseline assessment in the waste, water and / or environmental sector.
- Experience in the region/knowledge of the country: Ethiopia, 6 years
- Language skills: business fluency in Amharic and English
How to Apply:
- All bids must be delivered/submitted physically to the address below at or before 4:00 PM on Friday, 27th of November 2020.
- Bidders should submit their Technical and Financial Proposals as per the issued tender document.
- The financial offer should list the daily fees charged for this contract. The technical offer should include the approach taken by the consulting firm and showcase its previous work in the areas listed above.
- GIZ – Natural Resources Stewardship Programme reserves the right to cancel the bid fully or partially.
The address referred above to submit your Technical and Financial Offers is:
Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 18, Beside Jupiter Hotel,
Kazanchis, Bloom Tower 9th Floor,
P.O.Box 100009 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia