General Wingate TVET College
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
GENERAL WINGATE POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
NAME OF PROJECT: EAST AFRICA SKILLS FOR
TRANSFORMATION AND REGIONAL INTEGRATION PROJECT (EASTRIP)
Credit No. 6335-ET and Grant No.: D395ET
Assignment Title: Financial Management Specialist/Consultant
Reference No.: ET-ET WINGATE-208885-CS-INDV
EASTRIP is a regional project in three East African countries including Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania. The project aims to increase access, improve quality of technical and vocational education and facilitate regional integration. The objectives and results of the project will be achieved through
- Strengthening 16 selected Regional TVET flagship institutes out of which 7 are found in Ethiopia; and General Wingate Polytechnic College is one of the institutes.
- Creating national TVET enabling environment and
- Enhancing regional collaborative capacity in TVET and project coordination
- At the institute level, the objectives of the project will be achieved through
- Strengthening governance and management
- Institutionalizing industry links;
- Developing market relevant and competency-based training programs,
- Training of TVET managers and teachers/trainers;
- Provision of key training facilities and equipment
- Outreach and support for non-project national TVET institutes
General Wingate Polytechnic College plans to hire a Finance Management Specialist who will support the College in the implementation of the project. He/she will be based in the College’s EASTRIP Project Implementation Unit and report to the Project Coordinator.
2. SCOPE OF THE WORK/ASSIGNMENT
THE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST WILL UNDERTAKE MANAGEMENT OF FINANCIAL MATTERS RELATING TO THE EASTRIP AT GWPC AND ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH WORLD BANK AND GWPC FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES. THE FINANCE SPECIALIST WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING DUTIES INCLUDING:
- Ensuring that books of accounts are maintained;
- Assisting in the recording of transactions in the accounting system of the project and assist in the maintenance of an up-to-date and reliable financial management system;
- Assist the project in general and the PIU in planning, installing and implementing of accounts control, and other accounting system for the project;
- Assist in budget preparation, monitoring and control; support the project in (i) annual budget preparation, (ii) monitoring budget performance, (iii) ensuring that payments are supported by budget, (iv) producing monthly budget utilization report, (v) providing justifications for the reports including variance analysis, (vi) following up on commitments, and others related to FM activities.
- Assisting in the review or check Petty Cash voucher, Cheque Payment voucher, Journal voucher cash receiving voucher for settlement, and debit and credit advices and supporting documentations;
- Assisting in conducting reconciliations – reconciliations of advances, receivables as well as payables, reconciliations of cash in hand and cash at Bank monthly and supporting in conducting cash counts;
- Supporting in payments following the General Wingate Polytechnic College’s rules and regulations and project’s requirements including adherence to the project’s FM Manual;
- Ensuring payment of tax obligations including income taxes, withholding taxes& other payables.
- Support the General Wingate Polytechnic College in the preparation of financial reports of the project to management, World Bank, other stakeholders on monthly, quarterly and annual basis as needed. Support in the preparation of complete list of fixed assets, making sure that all fixed assets acquired are provided with identification number and recorded on the fixed asset registers;
- Making accounting documents available – accounting documents like Financial Management Manual, Payment Vouchers, Cash Receipt Vouchers and Journal Vouchers, Goods Receiving Vouchers, Goods/Store Issue Vouchers, and Goods Return Vouchers; Working formats like Store Control Cards, Bin Cards and Fixed Assets Registers. Ensure proper filing of accounting documents;
- Support the General Wingate Polytechnic College team in the audit process of the project including follow up on resolution of findings for appropriate corrective actions are taken;
- Assisting the various teams visiting or seeking information including External Auditors, Bank’s Implementation Support Missions (ISM) and other higher-level finance offices;
- Support the General Wingate Poly Technic College team in fund flow management including facilitation of disbursements from the World Bank; The expert is expected to have experience in World Bank disbursement procedures;
- Perform other project and/or entity related financial management activities as directed by College;
3. Required Qualifications:
- MA/MSc/MBA/BA/BSc degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management,Business Education, Business Administration or related field;
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in similar position for MA/MSc/MBA holders and 8 years for BA/ BSc holders.
- Experience in similar position with World Bank or donor funded projects and understanding of donor(s) and governmental requirements;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, concepts and principles, combined with proven practical skills in financial and cost accounting reporting, business planning, work programming, budgeting, and financial management and audit.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills; demonstrated experience in financial management and preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis;
- Ability to understand different financial reports and ledgers.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to cope under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to efficiently handle a range of tasks concurrently to meet different needs
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a PIU team as well as independently.
- Ability to work flexible hours i.e. weekends, evenings when required.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: World, Excel, and Power Point are must.
- Excellent Internet/email communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and Amharic
4. Application information
- Interested individual Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are qualifications and experience in Financial Management in World Bank financed projects.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated July 2016 and Revised November 2017 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
- Duration of the assignment will be for a period of one year with possible extension subject to satisfactory performance
- Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8:30AM to 5:00 PM.
- Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by December 28, 2020 on or before 4:00 PM General Wingate Polytechnic College -EASTRIP Project Office, New Block, 1* floor;
Attn: Ato Jemal Hassen, Project Coordinator;
P.O BOX: 1188 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Mobile: +251 912042025
Tel: +251 11 2799324/+251112799187
Fax: 0112800100 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia