General Wingate TVET College
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION) ETHIOPIA
- East Africa Skills Transformation and Regional Integration (EASTRIP)
- Credit No. 6335-ET
- Assignment Title: Contract Administration Consultant
- Reference No. GW/IC/CS/11/2019
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the East Africa Skills Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include providing the services of Contract Administration for EASTRIP project at General Wingate Polytechnic College.
Hence, General Wingate Polytechnic College now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. The consultant will be posted to the College’s EASTRIP project implementation unit (PIU) and provide support to the PIU team and work under the project coordinator.
2. Scope of the work/ assignment
The Project contract administrator shall be responsible to provide technical inputs (advisory and assistant roles) for EASTRIP project working closely with the project technical staff for the consultancy phase, procurement phase, and construction phase of CDEA facilities at General Wingate Polytechnic College. The consultant shall ensure that all implementation arrangements and practices for the investment in infrastructure facilities and related requirements are executed on time, efficient, and environmentally conscious manner as per the project quality, schedule, and requirements.
Specific responsibilities will include but will not be limited to *Provide technical support on the selection of expression of interest submitted by consultants,
- Participate on the technical evaluation of proposals submitted by consultants and contractors,
- Develop checklists for the follow up of the consultant’s and contractors’ tender, bidding and overall activities of the construction project
- Assist in preparing contract documents for construction works and supervising commissioning of projects
- Supervise and evaluate the actual implementation of the construction projects and ensure that the quality of works is as per the technical standards defined in the contract specification
- Receive monthly and quarterly reports from the consultants/contractors and evaluate the work status with respect to the schedule
- Provide timely responses for requests from the consultant or the contractor in consultation with the project coordinator
- Provide timely review and recommendations on construction work products and deliverables
- Ensures the timeliness, cost, and quality of all construction works performed under the project.
- Organizing visits for construction site handover, provisional and final acceptance of completed works with the presence of concerned parties
- Prepare a monthly status report of the construction projects using key performance indicators and provide timely feedback to the contractors for immediate action
- Review plans, specifications, bill of quantities and contracts to ensure the correct equipment, materials, services, and works are ordered and/ or purchased and or delivered
- Assists in compiling and preparing bid documents and bidders list, including inquiry preparations, request for bids and recommendations for award of contract
- Properly manage paperwork related to contracts
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress, and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
- Reviewing contracts, verifying the accuracy, and resolving discrepancies in line with the Ethiopian Government and WB rules and guidelines.
- Prepare periodic and status reports accomplished under his/her custody
- Ensuring relevant documentation accompany contracts, and maintaining digital and hard copies of relevant documentation.
- Interprets contract provisions to help resolve claims and questions submitted by contractors.
- Receives requests; obtains estimates; updates records initiates paperwork and follows upon request for approval of work not previously covered in the contract; processes and obtains approval of contract change
- Monitors compliance of contract requirements ensuring all conditions is satisfied before approval of the final invoice.
- Initiates and/or conducts meetings with consultants and contractors concerning implementation and contractual problems
- Establishes and updates records of all correspondence related to construction and related contract activities.
- Liaising with consultant and contractors
- Perform other duties assigned by the project coordinator
3. Job Requirements
- Qualification & Experiences Required
- BSC/MSC degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Management and related fields from a recognized university
- 10-years proven experience for BSc holders and 8 years Proven experience for MSC holders,
- Experience in working with MS Office, AutoCAD and other Engineering Software
- At least five years of relevant work experience in Government Ethiopia/ at World Bank and other donor-funded projects of high-value goods, works and consultancy services
- Experience in reviewing designs for large scale works
- Proven experience or familiarity with the WB procurement and project administration procedures and contract management is desirable
- Familiarity with the provisions of the environmental and social-related activities of Ethiopia and the WB particularly as it relates to vetting and monitoring of civil works projects will be an added advantage
- Aptitude for computing, design and construction supervision of civil works
4. Application information
- Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are qualifications and experience in Project Management in World Bank-financed projects.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated Jul.2016 and Revised November 2017 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
- Duration of the assignment will be for a period of one year with possible extension subject to satisfactory performance
- Further information and Terms of Reference for the consultancy assignment can be obtained at the address below during office hours, 0900 to 1700 hours.
- Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person by August 17/2020 on or before local time
General Wingate Polytechnic College/ HR Office NO.101
Human Resource Directorate Director
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel: +251 11 2799324/+251112799187