Forum on Sustainable Child Empowerment
Forum on Sustainable Child Empowerment (FSCE)
Call for Consultancy
Forum on Sustainable Child Empowerment (FSCE) previously named as Forum on Street Children-Ethiopia is an indigenous not-for-profit, non-governmental organization established at the end of 1989 by a group of social development professionals. Currently, FSCE offer a continuum of child focused development works in six Area Program Offices (Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa, Bahirdar, Dessie, Gamo Gofa, and Adama) located in two cities namely Addis Ababa and Dire-dawa, and three regional states oromiya, Amhara, & SNNP respectively. FSCE, in its 30 years of service in promoting and implementing child protection work has accumulated an extensive expertise and experience that has helped the organization to evolve into one of the leading local child protection organizations in the country and has enjoyed successful track record of success stories.
This call for consultancy is for undertaking mid-term evaluation for a project entitled Integrated Community Based OVC Protection Projectone of the projects under implementation in Dredawa with the financial support of KNH (kinder not hilfe). Therefore FSCE is looking for a potential consultant/consultancy firm who will undertake Midter m Evaluation of the Integrated Community Based OVC Protection Project in Diredawa.
Qualification and Desirable Competencies:
Applications from any teams are welcome and will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Relevant academic degree (master level) in Social Science, Sociology, Psychology, Economics or other relevant field of studies.
- The team leader has carried out at least three similar consultancy contracts around the same core subject areas supported by testimonies
- Demonstrable academic and practical experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodology, evaluation design and implementation.
- Strong analytical, facilitation and communication skills.
- Good understanding on Orphan and vulnerable children situation in Ethiopia and the guidelines of the implementation
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
- Experience and expertise in project cycle management evaluating cross-cutting issues
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English skills including local languages
Interested freelance consultancy/consultancy firms are requested to submit:
- An Expression of Interest detailing their interpretation of the TOR, proposed methodology including work schedule and proposed budget;
- A capability statement demonstrating how they meet the required qualifications and competencies;
- Copies of all relevant Curriculum Vitae (CVS). Only CVs for the specific individuals that will form the proposed evaluation team should be included;
- A sample of an evaluation report for a similar project completed within the last 24 months (this will be treated as confidential and only used for the purposes of quality assurance);
- Two references (including one from your last client/employer).
Timetable Schedule: A total of 45 days is estimated for this assignment following the sign of agreement.
Scope/Coverage: The Midterm evaluation will be conducted in Diredawa town.
Delivery address: collect the TOR from Forum on Sustainable Child Empowerment (head office) located Yeka sub city, woreda 9, Ten sisters building, 5th floor, near to Beshale hotel next to ‘Ethiopian Athletics Federation, Tel. +251118333928, P.O box, 9562. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia within ten working days starting from the date of announcement.