Federal TVET Institute
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES )
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION
- East Africa Skills Transformation and Regional Integration (EASTRIP)
- Credit No. IDA: 6335 Assignment Title:
- Contract Administration Consultant
- Reference No. FTVET/ICS/C/08/2018
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Currently, Federal Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institute (FTI) is implementing the East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP). EASTRIP is a regional project in three East African countries including Ethiopia, Kenya, and Tanzania. The project aims to increase access, improve the quality of technical and vocational education, and facilitate regional integration. The objectives and results of the project will be achieved through Strengthening TVET flagship institutes which are found in Ethiopia.
In this regard, the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the East Africa Skills Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include providing the services of Contract Administration for the EASTRIP project at Federal TVET Institute.
Hence, the Federal TVET Institute now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. The consultant will be posted to the FTI’s EASTRIP project implementation unit (PIU) and provide support to the PIU team and work under the project coordinator.
2. Scope of the work/ assignment
The Project contract administrator shall be responsible to provide technical inputs (advisory and assistant roles) for the EASTRIP project working closely with the project technical staff for the consultancy phase, procurement phase, and construction phase of Construction Design Evaluation and Administration facilities at Federal TVET Institute. The consultant shall ensure that all implementation arrangements and practices for the investment in infrastructure facilities and related requirements are executed on time, efficient, and environmentally conscious manner as per the project quality, schedule and requirements.
Specific responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Provide technical support on the selection of expression of interest submitted by consulting firms,
- Participate in the technical evaluation of proposals submitted by consultants and contractors,
- Develop checklists for the follow up of the consultants and contractors’ tender, bidding, and overall activities of the construction project
- Assist in preparing contract documents for construction works and supervising commissioning of projects
- Supervise and evaluate the actual implementation of the construction projects and ensure that the quality of works is as per the technical standards defined in the contract specification
- Receive monthly and quarterly reports from the consultants/contractors and evaluate the work status with respect to the schedule
- Provide timely responses for requests from the consultant or the contractor in consultation with the project coordinator
- Provide timely review and recommendations on construction work products and deliverables
- Ensures the timeliness, cost and quality of all construction works performed under the project.
- Organizing visits for construction site handover, provisional and final acceptance of completed works with the presence of concerned parties
- Prepare monthly status report of the construction projects using key performance indicators and provide timely feed backs to the contractors for immediate action
- Review plans, specifications, bill of quantities and contracts to ensure the correct equipment, materials, services and works are ordered and/or purchased and or delivered
- Assists in compiling and preparing bid documents and bidders list, including inquiry preparations, request for bids and recommendations for award of contract
- Properly manage paper work related to contracts
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress, and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
- Reviewing contracts, verifying the accuracy, and resolving discrepancies in line with the Ethiopian Government and WB rules and guidelines.
- Prepare periodic and status reports accomplished under his/her custody
- Ensuring relevant documentation accompany contracts, and maintaining digital and hard copies of relevant documentation.
- Interprets contract provisions to help resolve claims and questions submitted by contractors.
- Receives requests; obtains estimates; updates records initiates paperwork and follows up on request for approval of work not previously covered in the contract; processes and obtains approval of contract change
- Monitors compliance of contract requirements ensuring all conditions is satisfied before approval of the final invoice.
- Initiates and/or conducts meetings with consultants and contractors concerning implementation and contractual problems
- Establishes and updates records of all correspondence related to construction and related contract activities.
- Liaising with consultant and contractors
- Perform other duties assigned by the project coordinator
3. Job Requirements
Qualification & Experiences Required
- BSC/MSC degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Management and related fields from a recognized university
- 10-year proven experience for BSc holders and 8 years Proven experience for MSC holders,
- Experience in working with MS Office, AutoCAD, and other Engineering Software
- At least two years of relevant work experience at the World Bank and other donor-funded projects of high-value goods, works, and consultancy services
- Experience in reviewing designs for large scale works
- Proven experience or familiarity with the WB procurement and project administration procedures and contract management is desirable
- Familiarity with the provisions of the environmental and social-related activities of Ethiopia and the WB particularly as it relates to vetting and monitoring of civil works projects will be an added advantage
4. Application information
- Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are qualifications and experience in Project Management in World Bank financed projects.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated Jul.2016 and Revised November 2017 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
- Duration of the assignment will be for a period of one year with possible extension subject to satisfactory performance
Applicants should submit their expressions of interest/ application, CV, copy of academic credentials and other necessary documents in person to the address below within 10 working days of floating this bid.
Federal TVET Institute First Floor,
Human Resource administration section, on the main street from Lambert to wosen
Telephone Number 0116453334/0118932921