Federal Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institute
Ministry of Science and Higher Education Federal Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institute
EAST AFRICA FOR TRANSFORMATION AND REGIONAL INTEGRATION PROJECT (EASTRIP)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION) ETHIOPIA
East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP)
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: Credit No. 6335-ET and Grant No. D395-ET
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services to Develop Guidelines for TVET institutions Institutional development plan, laboratory & workshop.
Reference No. FTVET/QCBS/16/2012
The initiative of the Ethiopian Government has secured financing support from the World Bank under the EASTRIP to strengthen selected TVET colleges to become Regional Flagship TVET Institute (RFTI) for high quality skills training and development in selected priority sectors. One of the selected beneficiaries is the Federal TVET Institute to establish a Centres of Excellence for Precision Tool & Die Making and Leather and Leather Products”, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consulting Services. Accordingly, Federal Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institute on behalf of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has planned to engage a consulting firm to provide services for developing laboratory and workshop standards for manufacturing and leather technology at Federal TVET institute and Guidelines for Institutional development plan & workshop standard for Regional polytechnic colleges.
The Consulting Services include:
- preparation of Guideline for the establishment and use of standard Laboratories and Workshops in manufacturing and leather technology sectors which would enable improving the quality of training underpinned by research and development.
- developing an institutional development plan (IDP) and Standard Workshop guideline for polytechnic colleges that would enable to ensure quality & access of TVET, and ultimately lead them for national & international competitiveness and accreditation.
THE CONSULTING FIRM IS REQUIRED TO CONDUCT ASSESSMENT AND STUDY ON THE FOLLOWING MAJOR COMPONENT AND RELATED ISSUES:
COMPONENT ONE: DEVELOPING LABORATORY AND WORKSHOP STANDARDS FOR MANUFACTURING & LEATHER AT RFTI
the consultant will be required to:
- Develop internationally standardized laboratory set up guidelines in manufacturing and leather faculty and special emphasis on developing material science laboratory roadmap.
- Develop an operational manual on how to use and manage a laboratory and established workshops.
- Develop contextualized manual for proper management of manufacturing workshop
- Develop monitoring and evaluation as well as a detailed checklist for effective implementation of the guidelines.
- Delimit borderlines (who, how, and when) and terms to provide laboratory and workshop activities related to sample preparations and testing, training standby services, calibrations, processing and/ or fabrication, demonstrations, etc., to the different stakeholders and internal users.
- establish terms and policies for administering laboratory and workshop activities such as storing and inventory system management, maintenance tasks, rational usage of resources (raw materials, chemicals, consumables, water and energy consumption) plan, waste management and environmental policies.
- identify the types of deliverables and principles to record and report activities related to services such as training, sample preparations, testing and conformity assessments, fabrication and/or commercialization of semi-finished or finished products or documenting regular usages and maintenance history for the specific equipment from labs and workshop under the CoE.
- define the terms to establish safety and health protection rules, routines, hazards and risks management system to conduct safe practices and works in labs and workshops under the CoE.
COMPONENT TWO: DEVELOP GUIDELINES FOR INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN, INSTITUTIONAL STANDARD & WORKSHOP STANDARD AT REGIONAL POLYTECHNIC COLLEGES
The a consultant will be required to:
- Develop an Institutional development plan (IDP) guideline & institutional standard
- Develop an internationally benchmarked workshop set up and management guideline.
- Develop a comprehensive Institutional development plan (IDP) and standard workshop for one polytechnic from each Regional state.
- Develop ISO & kaizen manual in TVET context.
- Develop national & international TVET accreditation manual and checklists.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation strategy & checklist.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include all services and deliverables such as Inception report, Work Plan, guidelines, and standards in accordance to the TOR.
The contract duration in total is 5 months and is expected to commence in December 2020.to commence in December 2020.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below:
- Federal Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institute of Property and Procurement Administration Directorate: – Contact Person: Mr. Demisew Beyene Mobile Phone: +251911015748; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Website: – www.ftveti.edu.et
- Addis Ababa, Sub-City Yeka, ( Near Lambert North Bus Station)
- Contact Person: Mr. Haftom Gebregziabher (Deputy Director General for Academics) – Mobile Phone: +251911566555; e-mail: email@example.com ,+251116 4644 55 F a x | ፋ ክ ስ +251116465675/78
- ፖስታ 190310 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sahleselassie Teka project coordinator
- E-mail email@example.com Mobile Number +251914723168
The Federal Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institute now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The short listing criteria are: core business and years in business, relevant experience of the firm in similar assignment, technical and managerial capability of the firm.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment: Consultants shall not be hired for any assignment that would be in conflict with their prior or current obligations to other clients, or that may place them in a position of being unable to carry out the assignment in the best interests of the Borrower.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM – 12:00 AM and 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or, e-mail) within Ten (10) working days after floating this bid. Time until 5:30 Am.
.Federal Technical and Vocational Education and Training Institute of Property and Procurement Administration Directorate: – Contact Person: Mr.Demisew Beyene Mobile Phone: +251911015748;
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ;
Website: – www.ftveti.edu.et
Addis Ababa, Sub-City Yeka, ( Near Lambert North Bus Station)
Contact Person: Mr. Haftom Gebregziabher (Deputy Director General for Academics) – Mobile Phone: +251911566555; e-mail: email@example.com
ፖስታ 190310 E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Federal Technical and Vocational Education and traiing Institute