Federal Customs Commission
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST(EOI)FOR HIRING CONSULTING FIRM FOR FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIAN CUSTOMS COMMISSION
Procurement Reference Number: CC/NCB/QCBS/13/2012/20
Assignment Title:-Architectural and Engineering Designs, Soil Investigation, Surveying, Tendering document preparation, contract administration, and supervision works service of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopian Customs Commission Gonder Customs Checking Point Office located at / AMHARA REGION/.
1. Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopian Customs commission (ECC) has secured the required budget fully from the ministry of Finance.
2. Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopian Customs commission (ECC) now invites Grade I (one) Category eligible consultants to indicate their interest and participate in providing the consultancy services mentioned above. A valid certificate from the concerned public body has to be attached
3. Scope of the consultancy services.
The Scope of consultancy services includes:-Conducting detail field surveys and site investigation, Describing the approach & methodology of the design proposal, Consultancy services for the detail engineering design of the office building, the Staff residence, Landscape design of the compound, all necessary site work including site electrical works, access road, drainage lines, septic tank, dry latrine, watchtower. walkway and all related facilities. And also preparing technical specifications & Bill of Quantities, preparation of Bid document, Conducting (performing) Technical Bid evaluation, Facilitating Construction work permit, Conducting Contract administration services, Conducting Construction supervision work services, and Preparing as-built drawing of the compound.
4. Interested eligible consultants have to provide information that confirms that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. The general shortlisting criteria are- Core Business, years in Business, Qualifications in the field of the assignment, Technical and Managerial Organization of the firm and General Qualifications, and a number of key staff.
5. The criteria for the selection of the consultant
5.1. Professional, Technical and Financial Qualification Criteria
The following qualification criteria will be applied to Consultants. In the case of Bids submitted by a consortium, these qualification criteria will be applied to the consortium as a whole.
5.2. Professional Qualifications and Capability of the Consultant (ITC Clause 14)
5.2.1 The consultant must have at least 13 Professional Technical staffs currently work in the Consultant firm. The staffs mentioned should be at least 1 General Manager, 1 Practicing Architect Professional Engineer,1 Architectural engineer, 1 Practicing Structural Professional Engineer, 1 Senior Sanitary Engineer, 1 Senior Mechanical Engineer, 1 Structural Engineer,1 Senior Electrical Engineer, 1 Geo-Technical Engineer, Professional Sanitary Engineer, 1 Material Engineer, 1 Quantity Surveyor, 1 Professional Surveyor and 1 Draft’s Man;
5.2.2 The consultant must attach a payroll for the above staffs with payroll tax pension payment receipt for the last 21 months and a valid Tax Clearance Certificate issued by the Ministry of revenues.
5.3 Technical Qualifications, Competence, and Experience of the Consultant (ITC Clause 16)
(a). The consultant has to submit Clients’ certificates of satisfactory execution of successfully completed or substantially completed (70%) at least five similar to the ones requested under this assignment on project design, Construction Supervision, and Contract Administration of projects.
(b). The consultant has to submit Clients’ certificates of satisfactory execution of successfully completed or substantially completed (70%) at least one G+4 Building heights of a contract with a budget of at least ETB 25 Million Project cost in the last five (5) years.
6. Financial Standing of the Consultant (ITC Clause 15)
A. The consultant has to submit Audited financial statements (balance sheet and Income statement) by an independent auditor for the last five (5) budget years and a valid Tax clearance Certificate issued by the Ministry of revenues. The renewed license for 2012 E.C must be sealed and stamped documents are attached.
B. Access to, or availability of working capital specifically for this project amounting to ETB 0.3 Million in the form of unconditional credit facility or bank overdraft facility form accredited bank or cash at hand.
7. The interested consultants are drawn to revised public procurement proclamation No.649/2009.
8. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS method set out in revised public procurement Proclamation No. 649/2009.
9. Further Information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM hours.
10. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below on or before June 22, 2020 GC at 5:00 PM).
Federal Democratic Republic Of Ethiopian Customs Commission
Procurement and Finance Administration Directorate Office,
Tseda Building, CMC In front Of Saint Michel
Office Number/Room No. 302