RESTORATION AND OPENING TO THE PUBLIC OF THE NATIONAL
PALACE OF ADDIS-ABABA
Expressions of Interest
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Palace Administration (FDREPA) has applied for financing from Agence Française de Development (“AFD”), and intends to use part of the funds thereof for payments under the following project “Restoration and opening to the Public of the National Palace of Addis-Ababa”.
Based on a design project provided by the FDREPA – heritage restoration, development, and compliance project for the opening to the public of the palace and its park – the subject of this REol relates to an operational project management mission, including administrative procedures.
The Services of the consultant estimated to a capped budget of 450 KE shall consist of carrying out the following tasks in a project of global cost estimation of 15,5million Euros concerning the 14 000 sqm palace, some pavilions of the park and the east part of the park comprising 16 acres.
- i. Taking possession of the studies provided by the FDREPA forming specifications for the mission, analysis of these studies, remarks, and validation.
- ii. Finalisation of the project for the operational phase:
-restoration and reuse design
-bidding documents for contractors
- iii. Assist in the evaluation of offers submitted by bidders and prepare relevant evaluation reports;
- iv. Assist in contract negotiation for all construction contracts with successful bidders, and preparation of all contract documents;
- v. Prepare detailed project implementation schedule including the disbursement schedule;
- vi. Review and approve the Contractor’s detailed design documents for compliance with the technical specifications of the contract document;
- vii. Approve the complete set of “As-Built” drawings prepared by contractors, and documentations, and hand over to the client;
- viii. Establish a project Site Organization.
- ix. Undertake supervision of the construction works
- x. Certify contractor’s payments;
- xi. Inspect and witness factory acceptance tests during the manufacturing of major items of equipment and materials.
- xii. Supervise and approve site test and commissioning of equipment, installations and facilities;
- xiii. Administer contracts and prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports;
- xiv. Follow-up for implementation of the environmental and social impact mitigation and monitoring measures as depicted in the project’s Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP)
- xv. Prepare and submit the Project Completion Report in accordance with the Client’s requirements.
The FDREPA hereby invites Applicants to show their interest in delivering the Services described above.
This Request for Expressions of Interest is open to:
- Consulting firms
- Individual consultants
- Joint Venture between NGO(s) and consulting NGOs firm(s).
- The multidisciplinary project management team, including:
- an architect specializing in the restoration and reuse of historical monuments,
- a construction economist specializing in restoration and reuse of historical monuments,
- a structural engineer specializing in restoration with skills in earthquake engineering,
- a fluid engineer with the following specialties: heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electricity, fire safety system, plumbing, fountain building, roads, and utilities.
- a landscaper specializing in the restoration of historical gardens optional skills required:
- a consultant specializing in kitchen design
- an acoustical engineer
The team’s representative must mandatorily be the architect. Eligibility criteria to AFD financing are specified in sub-clause 1.3 of the “Procurement Guidelines for AFD-Financed Contracts in Foreign Countries”, available online on AFD’s website: http://www.afd.fr.
The Applicant shall submit only one application, either in its own name or as a member of a Joint Venture (JV). If an Applicant(including any JV member) submits or participates in more than one application, those applications shall be all rejected. However, the same Sub consultant may participate in several applications.
If the Applicant is a JV, the expression of interest shall include:
- a copy of the JV Agreement entered into by all members, or
- a letter of intent to execute a JV Agreement, signed by all members together with a copy of the Agreement proposal,
In the absence of this document, the other members will be considered as Sub consultants.
The members of the team and the Sub consultants must be identified in their qualifications at this phase of an application. Interested Applicants must provide information evidencing that they are qualified and experienced to perform those services. For that purpose, documented evidence of recent and similar services shall be submitted.
Determination of the similarity of the experiences(minimum 3 experiences)will be based on:
- The contracts size; cost and area, exclusively based on projects on restoration and reuse developed in the past ten years
- The nature of the Services; detailed technical studies and work supervision in restoration, technical retrofitting and reuse of historical monuments,
- The technical area and expertise; in heritage restoration project
- The location; in the Client’s country, with the Client
The Client will also take into account for the evaluation of the applications the following items:
- The architect, team representative, and his team must be authorized to practice in Ethiopia and be insured for their professional practice in Ethiopia.
- The architect, team representative, and his team must have experience of the local administrative, legal and economic context with a good knowledge of the professional capacities of local construction companies.
- The architect, team representative, and his team must read, write and speak English, Amharic and French would be appreciated.
Among the submitted applications, FDREPA will shortlist a maximum of six (6)Applicants, to whom the Request for Proposals to carry out the Services shall be sent.
The Expressions of Interest must be submitted to the address below no later than 1ST of July 2020 23H59.
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Palace Administration
Procurement and Property Administration Directorate
P.O. Box:1438/1362 Town/City: Addis Ababa Country: Ethiopia
Telephone: +251 115 15 78 85/+251 115 54 87 94
Email:- Shimelis Tilahun .firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested Applicants may obtain further information at the address above during office hours: from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Appendix to The Request for expressions of interest
(to be submitted with the application, signed and unaltered )
Statement of Integrity , Eligibility and Environmental and Social Responsibility
Reference of the bid or proposal
(the “Contracting Authority”)
1. We recognise and accept that Agence Française de Développement (“AFD”) only finances projects of the Contracting Authority subject to its own conditions which are set out in the Financing Agreement which benefits directly or indirectly to the Contracting Authority. As a matter of consequence, no legal relationship exists between AFD and our company, our joint venture or our suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants or sub consultants.
The Contracting Authority retains exclusive responsibility for the preparation and implementation of the procurement process and performance of the contract. The Contracting Authority means the Purchaser, the Employer, the Client, as the case may be, for the procurement of goods, works, plants, consulting services or non-consulting services.
2. We hereby certify that neither we nor any other member of our joint venture or any of our suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants or sub consultants are in any of the following situations:
2.1 Being bankrupt, wound up or ceasing our activities, having our activities administered by the courts, having entered into receivership, reorganisation or being in any analogous situation arising from any similar procedure;
2.2 Having been:
- a) convicted, within the past five years by a court decision, which has the force of res judicata in the country where the Contract is implemented, of fraud, corruption or of any other offense committed during a procurement process or performance of a contract (in the event of such conviction, you may attach to this Statement of Integrity supporting information showing that this conviction is not relevant in the context of this Contract);
- b) subject to an administrative sanction within the past five years by the European Union or by the competent authorities of the country where we are constituted, for fraud, corruption or for any other offense committed during a procurement process or performance of a contract (in the event of such sanction, you may attach to this Statement it, of Integrity supporting information showing that this is, sanction is not relevant in the context of this Contract);
- c) convicted, within the past five years by a court decision, which has the force of res judicata, of fraud, corruption or of any other offense committed during the procurement process or performance of an AFD-financed contract;
- 2.3 Being listed for financial sanctions by the United Nations, the European Union and/ or France for the purposes of fight-against terrorist financing or threat to international peace and security;
- 2.4 Having been subject within the past five years to a contract termination fully settled against us for significant or persistent failure to comply with our contractual obligations during contract performance, unless this termination was challenged and dispute resolution is still pending or has not confirmed a full settlement against us;
- 2.5 Not having fulfilled our fiscal obligations regarding payments of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of either the country where we are constituted or the Contracting Authority’s country;
- 2.6 Being subject to an exclusion decision of the World Bank and being listed on the website http://www.worldbank.org/debart in the event of such exclusion, you may attach to this Statement of Integrity supporting information showing that this exclusion is not relevant in the context of this Contract);
- 2.7 Having created false documents or committed misrepresentation in documentation requested by the Contracting Authority as part of the procurement process of this Contract.
3. We hereby certify that neither we, nor any of the members of our joint venture or any of our suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants or sub consultants are in any of the following situations of conflict of interest:
- 3.1 Being an affiliate controlled by the Contracting Authority or a shareholder controlling the Contracting Authority, unless the stemming conflict of interest has been brought to the attention of AFD and resolved to its satisfaction;
- 3.2 Having a business or family relationship with a Contracting Authority’s staff involved in the procurement process or the supervision of the resulting Contract, unless the stemming conflict of interest has been brought to the attention of AFD and resolved to its satisfaction;
- 3.3 Being controlled by or controlling another bidder or consultant, or being under common control with another bidder or consultant, or receiving from or granting subsidies directly or indirectly to another bidder or consultant, having the same legal representative as another bidder or consultant, maintaining direct or indirect contacts with another bidder or consultant which allows us to have or give access to the information contained in the respective applications, bids or proposals, influencing them or influencing decisions of the Contracting Authority;
- 3.4 Being engaged in a consulting services activity, which, by its nature, may be in conflict with the assignments that we would carry out for the Contracting Authority;
- 3.5 In the case of procurement of goods, works or plants:
- a) Having prepared or having been associated with a consultant who prepared specifications, drawings, calculations and other documentation to be used in the procurement process of this Contract;
- b) Having been recruited (or being proposed to be recruited) ourselves or any of our affiliates, to carry out works supervision or inspection for this Contract.
4. If we are a state-owned entity, and to compete in a procurement process, we certify that we have legal and financial autonomy and that we operate under commercial laws and regulations.
5. We undertake to bring to the attention of the Contracting Authority, which will inform AFD, any change in situation with regard to points 2 to 4 here above.
6. In the context of the procurement process and performance of the corresponding contract:
- 6.1 We have not and we will not engage in any dishonest conduct (act or omission) deliberately indented to deceive others, to intentionally conceal items, to violate or vitiate someone’s consent, to make them circumvent legal or regulatory requirements and/or to violate their internal rules in order to obtain illegitimate profit;
- 6.2 We have not and we will not engage in any dishonest conduct (act or omission) contrary to our legal or regulatory obligations or our internal rules in order to obtain illegitimate profit;
- 6.3 We have not promised, offered or given and we will not promise, offer or give, directly or indirectly to (i) any Person who holds a legislative, executive, administrative or judicial mandate within the State of the Contracting Authority regardless of whether that person was nominated or elected, regardless of the permanent or temporary, paid or unpaid nature of the position and regardless of the hierarchical level the Person occupies, (ii) any other Person who performs a public function, including for a State institution or a State-owned company, or who provides a public service, or (iii) any other person defined as a Public Officer by the national laws of the Contracting Authority’s country, an undue advantage of any kind, for himself or for another Person or entity, for such Public Officer to act or refrain from acting in his official capacity;
- 6.4 We have not promised, offered or given and we will not promise, offer or give, directly or indirectly to any Person who occupies an executive position in a private sector entity or works for such an entity, regardless of the nature of his/her capacity, any undue advantage of any kind, for himself or another Person or entity for such Person to perform or refrain from performing any act in breach of its legal, contractual or professional obligations;
- 6.5 We have not and we will not engage in any practice likely to influence the contract award process to the detriment of the Contracting Authority and, in particular, in any anti-competitive practice having for object or for effect to prevent, restrict or distort competition, namely by limiting access to the market or the free exercise of competition by other undertakings;
- 6.6 Neither we nor any of the members of our joint venture or any of our suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants or sub consultants shall acquire or supply any equipment nor operate in any sectors under an embargo of the United Nations, the European Union or France;
- 6.7 We commit ourselves to comply with and ensure that all of our suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants or sub consultants comply with international environmental and labour standards, consistent with laws and regulations applicable in the country of implementation of the Contract, including the fundamental conventions of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) and international environmental treaties. Moreover, we shall implement environmental and social risks mitigation measures when specified in the environmental and social commitment plan (ESCP) provided by the Contracting Authority.
7. We, as well as members of our joint venture and our suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants or sub consultants authorise AFD to inspect accounts, records and other documents relating to the procurement process and performance of the contract and to have them audited by auditors appointed by AFD.
In the capacity of:
Duly empowered to sign in the name and on behalf of:
In case of joint venture, insert the name of the joint venture.
The person who will sign the application, bid or proposal on behalf of the applicant, bidder or consultant shall attach a power of attorney from the applicant, bidder or consultant.