The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Ministry of Transport
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST for Services of Event Organizer for the Annual Road Safety Awareness Program.
- Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Ministry of Transport
- NAME OF PROJECT Road Safety and Institutional development support to the
- transport Sector Component 3
- Project ID: P148850 IDA Credit No: 5625ET
- Procurement Reference: ET-RSIDP-125837-CS-QCBS
- Assignment Title: Services of Event Organizer for the Annual Road Safety
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Expressway Development Support Project (P148850): Road Safety and Institutional Development Support to the Transport Sector (RSIDP Component-3). The Ministry of Transport, the program implementing agency, intends to apply part of the proceeds to eligible payments under the contract for services of “Event Organizer for the Annual Road Safety Awareness Program”. Mass Media Campaign
The service is to contribute to the overall objective of component 3 Road safety and Institutional Development support to the transport sector Road Safety and Institutional Development Support to the Transport Sector is one of the three components of the Expressway Development Support Project aimed to provide, through its sub-component 3(a), support to the implementation of the Road Safety through the Safe System” approach, and through its sub-component 3(b), and support to strengthen the policy, planning and monitoring functions of MoT
The overall objectives of this assignment are to:
1.By mobilizing stakeholders, the community, and the political leadership to significantly achieve the intended target of reducing traffic accident from 40 per vehicles 10,000 to a minimum of half from the overall number of road traffic accidents nationwide as per the SDG 3.6, halve the number of global deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents by:
- a.reducing the risk of death and disability in a traffic crash; and
- b.reducing the economic and social crisis in the country due to traffic crashes.
2.All sections of society are aware of the seriousness of traffic accidents and take responsibility for their efforts to solve the problem that is the adoption of safe systems approach through all sectors involved in/with the road user.
In order to achieve the above purpose, the following specific objectives are set out on which implementation strategies shall be developed.
- Conducting awareness campaigns on different street to show the severity of the issues through public engagement, mass media, bill board, flayers and other Information Education and Communication (IEC) resources
- Address the potential stakeholders, like traffic police, drivers, taxi and truck drivers on the above in Addis Ababa
- Undertake awareness creation program on drivers behaviours using well defined behaviour change model.
- Conducted awareness creation through community discussion event in different sub-city
- Involve EMS and fire evacuation services to demonstrate and create awareness campaign events.
- Involve schools to develop child road safety awareness campaign events.
- Involve Traffic Police and volunteers in all awareness campaign events.
- The banners and bill board messages put in express way/toll and main roads at least for the coming one year
- Engaging School media chat, School athorities and school buses in Volume trafic activities by providing IBC resources
The Scope of Services
The Parent will compris de following tasks to be underske slong with the Scope of the enuces As the deal of the lactivities prescribed in TOR se road safety mass media campaign events will be hosted so as to have impacto de maional level However, Ages Ababa terase capul de care of Esiopia bebe focus of these swareness creation activi The rest organizacije se geographical locations of Addis Ababa only for all des activides a TOR However, SMART ways and actives will be adopted so that the essentie of sens information and se recized impact of these activities is observed a cabocal level. The event organizer is expected to work on the following core activibes ad aceréngly develop de execution sategies for every single event
- Task 1: Research Design
- Task 2: Organize and manage meetings
- Task 3: Organize and Manage Street Events as listed in the annual program (such as cycling day, street campaign etc)
- Task 4 Development of Communication material and Dissemination
- Task 5 Stage, back drop and presentation details
- Task 6: Monitoring and Evaluation
Duration of the assignment and the length of this campaign
The selected for is expected to commence the assignment incetately pon signing the contract. The contract daration will be starting from contract sig og date up to Sep 10, 2021. The details of disse steps are provided is be TOR
The required event organizes to execzetese tasks shall be a local le. Esiopine company) with a 5 years of experience in association marketing production and event organizing aloeg in mentional experience or less international consultes (s) i de Seld of developing, managing organizing and conducting road safety orszizmas campaigns. Thus, such kind of combined local and international experience will provide a platform to explore local issues in the context of international best practices or approaches towards organizing such events.
The services under this contract requires a team of Expers such as Team Leader, Senior Event Coordinator and Marketing Manager. Social and Behavioral Change Communication Expert, Road Safety Expert Monitoring and evaluation Manager The Ministry of Transport som invites eligible and qualified National level firms to indicate their interest to provide Campaign services.
Interested firms should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience on the Services of Event Organizer for the annual Road Safety awareness progam
firms may include any relevant information that may indicate their experience and relevance for the assignment. This may include: brochures, Core business, years of experience in the business, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, technical and managerial organizational structure of the firm, number of key staffs, availability of appropriate skills among staff, general qualifications etc.
The following criteria will be used to access the Expression of Interest documents.
- Core business and years in business,
- Specific experience on Services of Event Organizer and mass media campaign
- Technical capability and Managerial Organization of the firm,
- General Qualification and Number of key staffs as well as availability of appropriate skills among staff necessary for successful implementation of the assignment (no need to provide CVs at this stage)
The detailed professional qualification, skills, experience required, all the tasks will be specified and detailed in the Terms of Reference to be provided upon request.
The attention of interested firms is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
National firms may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy/ contract to enhance their qualifications, along with certain international experience or linkage with the international firm(s) in the field of developing, managing, organizing and conducting road safety or similar awareness campaigns.
The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the firm(s) propose to establish
The firm will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines” through a Quality and Cost based selection-QCBS).
The interested firm may obtain further information and ToR by requesting from the address below during working days and office hours, 8.30 am – 12.30 am, and 1.30 p.m-5.30 p.m. from Monday to Thursday, Ollice hours on Fridays are 8.30 a.m-11.30 a.m. and 1.30 p.m 5.30 p.m.
Expressions of interest along with documentary evidences can be delivered or sent by Courier, through Email: email@example.com , or send to the address below marked and for any clarification you can contact by the telephone number 0115 50 93 43 or 0115 51 82 92 only in working hours “Services of Event Organizer for the Annual Road Safety Awareness Program, on or before Friday December 21, 2020, 16:00 p.m. Addis Ababa local time.
To: Ministry of Transport
Attn: Road Safety & Implementation Support Project Coordination
Churchill Street., Near Ethiopian Postal services Enterprise,
4th floor, conference Room
P.O.Box 1238, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.